four

Waking up this morning required so much effort. And it's no surprise since I went to sleep at 3 am all because of my obstinate personality. I was debating the ways in which I should confess but then the other half said that premeditating my plans in advance is just going to ruin the point and will most certainly not look, I don't know... natural? And that's the kind of concept I'm going with; natural and laid back to conceal all the perturbation and agitation. Nice, huh?

After getting ready, I lift my backpack by its straps and swing it to wrap them around my shoulders. I Felt a lot tighter today since winters in Korea are pretty frigid.

"I'm off, bye mum" I bid goodbye to mum and hold the door knob to turn it.

"Jungkook, how about you bring that girl over for dinner tonight? I would most definitely like to meet her" My mum pears out of the kitchen. I sigh again. She seriously never understands that I barely talk to her, until a few days ago. Wow claps hand, such an achievement.

"Mum, I told you she doesn't like me."

"So? Just invite her!" My mum says then shoos me out the door.

"I'll see. Bye mum" I walk out the door to step on grey slush, mixed with mud and dirt. I must have snowed at night but most probably was squashed by humans.

A thick layer of clouds covered the sky where somewhere in between, the sun could be found, providing summer for the southern hemisphere of the earth. I've always been so utterly confused by our enigmatic earth. Think about it; million dollar worth of treasures hidden under the sea, yet to be discovered. If you can't tell, Geography is my favourite subject; for two reasons.

1. I get to sit next to Yeri

2. I also get to sit next to Yeri

That's a bit of lie because I've always liked the subject despite only sitting next to her since a week ago.

Passing the ice rink sends an automatic goofy grin towards my mouth. Just imagining her skilful stroll on the ice and her treacherous figure skating skills performed quintessentially makes me admire her even more; if that's even possible. Her moves are inimitable because I tried to somehow perform them once, and like I said ended up in thehospital... Nice Jungkook.

"Yo Jungkook" I snap out of dreamland and face the source of the husky voice, Namjoon.

"Hey, hyung" I reply with the same grin I had while smiling at the rink.

"Why were you so giddy staring at that Ice rink?" Namjoon hung approaches me and presses his manly hand on my back and slaps it. His question was obviously meant to come out teasingly but for me, it just made me feel like he is an ignorant hyung

"Oh yeah, you like this girl, right? When will you introduce her to us?" Namjoon pops his lollipop out of his mouth and throws it in the trashcan nearby.

"When I ask her out and she agrees to be my girlfriend," I say optimistically. Namjoon's eyes widen and then began to scan me as if to check if I changed overnight in any certain way.

"Wow Jungkook, I'm so proud of you" He head-locks me and ruffles my hair, making it utterly messy.

The constant teasing comments continuously rolling out of Namjoon's mouth exerted a feeling of uncertainty over me. Right till we entered our form class, he unfalteringly continued to tease.

I went over to my seat at the front row bidding a wave towards Taehyung just a few seats away. The class was boisterous because we had a supply teacher. I don't get why teens take advantage of these things. Every time a teacher is off sick, people go crazy and the poor, pitiful teacher tries to hush with her pointless "shhh's". Her face would become red after a few attempts and then would proceed to give up. The rest of the boys sat at the back of the classroom, thinking the teacher won't be able to distinguish them. What kind of logic is that? I'm sure 2 metressuddenly won't make you invisible.

I take a glance back to look at my friends but then would steal a few glances at Yeri who was sitting just at the edge of the classroom, frozen routinely.

The girls near the glass frames opened up the windows slightly in order to dry their nails and the cold wind insinuates through the diminutive gap. I realised the wind should not be underestimated; is started gushing inside blowing at each stand of hair and loose pieces of paper essays. I looked back at Yeri who was trying to pick up her papers from the floor. I smirked lightly as an idea popped into my head. I obviously had to take the advantage of this situation as no one bothered to bolster or offer their help.

My subtle smirk changed into a frown of demoralisation. She was gently tapping the floor with her palm while her eyes were fixated at somewhere other than the papers. Her face was full of agitation and distraught. Her eyebrows quivered while she bit her lip then once a velvety surface appeared under her palm, she searched for the corner and picked it up. I just stared at her amazed and bewildered by what I saw. I was confused but the way she bit her lip and the way she sighed in alleviation after collecting yet another sheet made me wonder off from those pockingthoughts. I didn't really know what to think...

One of the papers flew past toward the end of the form class and I decided to pick it up for her.

"Yeri, is this yours?" I walk up to her unhesitant while she flinches slightly.

"um

"Umm- uh yeah. Thanks, Jungkook" She bobs her head in order to portray her gratitude then sits back into her chair.

"Can I read your essay?" I ask politely, not wanting to come off as forceful.

"Um, yeah sure. But it's definitely not as good as yours" She compliments. The first compliment... The first conversation that consisted of other words than "Are you ok?"

I murmur a thank you, blush and begin to read the essay that had the heading "What do we do next to reduce global warming?"

She articulated her words in such a way it made me so engaged despite knowing all the information after researching myself. Who would have known the most petite and quite girl is one of the smartest?

"Wow, Yeri. That was really good!" I give her reassuring smile as I noticed here fiddling with her bracelet and biting her lip.

"Really?" She lifts her head in a startled way "thank you"....

_________________________________________________________

I didn't get to finish this chapter... sigh I'm so sorry guys :(((( I just felt like I had to update at least SOMETHING

I will try my best to do my best and update more frequently

*BOWS 90 DEGREES*

Comments are appreciated and I allow you all to scold me for not updating for like two months before ;)