1

I took in a shaky breath. I knew this was a bad idea. Walking down the long hallway my eyes flickered back and forth between the white doors that passed me on both sides. Some with nothing behind them, others with faces peering at me curiously as I walked under the flickering fluorescent lights. Some held within them people screaming and clawing at the small bars on the doors. I stopped at the one I was told to come to.

I dont know what would have been more terrifying. If he had been clawing at the door like the others, or the fact that even when I stand in front of this door now there is no noise from within.

I didnt know what to do when I had been told they had found him. Found him deep with in the forest. He had gone mad with starvation and loneliness. They had to sedate him to bring him here.

Perhaps he is still sedated now. I almost hoped he would be so he wouldnt see how scared I was to finally see him again after all these years. My hands shook as I took the key from my pocket and put it in the lock. I twisted it and could hear the dead bolt click.

My palms were slick with sweat as I took the key out slowly and reached for the handle. I looked down the hall way one last time. Seeing one light flicker and almost give out before turning back on. A uniformed gaurd stood at the far end. Perhaps if I scream loud enough he will hear me.

I open the door and step inside, shutting it behind me like they had told me too. My eyes scan over the room a pristine white except for the dirty footprints all around it. I then see him.

He is huddled in the corner, knees drawn up to his chest, his head resting on them looking down at his lap, and he rocking back and forth. He is caked in dirt his clothes in tatters. I feel my heart breaking as I realize they didn't even give him a bath before throwing him in here. I regret not bringing him one of his old sets of clothes.

Tears prick my eyes as I hear him mumbling incoherent words to himself. I take off my hat and set it down on the bed before walking over to him and sitting on the floor.

I study him for a moment. His hands are clenced tightly around his calves. They are skinny but lean the once bold tattoos faded away. Cuts and scars now mark them some look infected and I wish they would give him medical attention. His feet are bare, they are blacked with dirt and toughened from what I presume was a year or more without shoes.

He is still wearing the last outfit I had seen him in. Only now it is pracically just rags of cloth hanging onto his body by threads. His stomach is exposed and I cringe when I see just how hollowed out he looks. Tears flow freely down my face now as I look at his head. Chunks of his hair are missing.

He still hasnt even aknowledged I am here. I slide forward a bit more so I now sit a little over an arms length away. I don't know what to say to him right now. He is still talking to himself, I could get up and leave without him ever knowing I was here.

I peak back at the door for a longing moment. Knowing that be the easy way out of all this. I look back to him and the thought of leaving him here sickens me.

I lean forward and tap his hand lightly before sitting back on my butt. He stops moving all together, his hand twitches and I fear I did something terribly wrong as his hands shoot behind his legs. His head starts to move and I feel my heart pounding out of my chest.

What if he doesnt remember me? What if he does and blames me for all of this? What if he truely has gone off the deep end and tries to kill me?

I swallow the lump in my throat and watch as a pair of faded whiskey eyes meet my own. His face is blank of emotion as he studies me for a moment. More tears fall down my face and its like the air is standing still because he doesnt move.

" H-Hey Pete." I choke out between sobs, and just like that its like a bucket of emotion pours into the man infront of me. His face contorts his eyes water and he springs forward hands first. I at first think he is going to kill me and I brace for inpact. But when we both fall back onto the floor he is clinging to me like a koala bear and hysterically sobbing into my shoulder.

I wrap my arms around his small frame and hug him back. The man I thought was dead after the plane crash so many years ago. The man that we all buried a coffin for six long years ago, was now back in my arms.

" Patrick? Patrick are you real this time Patrick?" He asked his lips brusing up against my neck.

" Yes Pete Im here now your okay, its all going to be okay."

A/N I honestly dont even know what this really is. What am I doing ti myself you ask? I am creating a mountain of stories that all need and deserve updates and adding more onto it because of reasons thats why.

I get to many stupid ideas for it to be good for me. Should I continue? If I do be for warned it wont be for awhile ( at least till one of my other stories are done.)