12

You all know about the hottest couple at the moment, Scott Hoying and Mitch Grassi, who met through the radio station where Mitch hosts a show. Clearly PTX FM is the place to find romance!

Fans who listened to the couple's second show together may remember that Scott teased suprise guest Kirstie Maldonado about her arrival with his manager, Avriel Kaplan. She denied any rumours about them being a couple, but the fans weren't convinced.

Today, in an interview Kirstie revealed that the two are in fact together! We can't wait to see the double dates!

Kirstie read over my shoulder and giggled. It had only been a couple of days after the project they had been filming was over, and she had already convinced Avi to go public with their relationship. No one had been too suprised, of course.

Scott couldn't believe he hadn't noticed, but he certainly noticed that I wasn't at all phased by the news, complaining to Kirstie about her not telling him too. Scott swore he could keep a secret, but from anecdotes Kirstie had recalled, and my personal experiences, I knew Scott and subtlety did not go together at all.

To celebrate Kirstie and Avi finally getting together, we were all going on a double date. Scott had organised the whole thing, I think to remind Kirstie that he was a good friend whom she could trust with secrets (We both knew better than that really). He had planned it all out, and refused to give details, only telling us that we should dress casual.

Kirstie had asked me to get ready with her, because even casual outfits require planning, but so far we'd done more reading cute articles about ourselves online. Eventually we turned to Kirstie's huge wardrobe, picking out a white crop top and a black skirt with a long slit up both sides. When she had given herself a nude smokey eye and a pop of bright lipstick, her outfit was perfect. I opted for an oversized t-shirt with black jeans. We both agreed that we looked great as we posed together in Kirstie's full length mirror, ready to show the world (or just Instagram).

-

When Scott came to pick us up in the early evening, Avi was already in the back seat of his car. I joined my boyfriend in the front, and Kirstie slid in behind us. We drove for about half an hour, chatting comfortably, untill Scott turned into the car park for a local fairground. Kirstie squealed, and I watched the soppy look Avi gave her in the wing mirror. I couldn't help but smile at how sweet they were.

When we all got out of the car, the spring weather was suprisingly warm, and which I was glad of. Scott bought our entrance wristbands, and Scott and I put them on each other. We walked in, hand in hand, and for once it seemed like we just got lost in the  bustle of people. I didn't feel like anyone was paying any real attention to us, and I loved it. I had forgotten quite how nice anonimity was.

As a group, we decided to ride the new rollercoaster first, even though I was scared of fast rides. I wanted to challenge myself, but Scott could see I was anxious, rubbing circles on the back of my hand with his thumb untill we reached the front of the queue. Once we were properly strapped in, my heart began to race as I faced the reality that I was actually doing this. The cart began to race along the track, and I found myself instinctively grabbing Scott's hand. I didn't ley go untill we were off the ride, and Scott gave me a warm hug as a 'well done'.

We wandered around the park, queueing up for the rides we thought looked fun, and having a great time. Avi was determined to win Kirstie a stuffed husky toy from a stall, and he somehow managed, despite his terrible aim. I think the stall owner just thought he was sweet. Kirstie grinned and carried the giant toy under her arm as if it were the most precious thing in the world.

Not once in the several hours did anyone approach us, and when we took silly pictures in the hall of mirrors, it felt almost as if we were all just ordinary people. I didn't like Scott for his fame, or resent him for it, but it was easy to forget what normal felt like in such a short time. A day of being absolutely no one was very relaxing, and being with my boyfriend and our good friends made it all feel perfect. I felt so lucky to have Scott, giving him sappy smiles, which he returned with equal enthusiasm. I never wanted to grow out of the rush of butterflies I got when he looked at me like that.

After gorging ourselves on hot dogs and cottton candy, we decided to head home. Scott dropped Kirstie and Avi at his house, and we headed back to his.

It still was only about ten o'clock, so we curled up on his bed to watch trashy TV and cuddle. I was wrapped up in Scott's arms, and I felt entirely at peace with the world. I found my eyes fluttering closed, and eventually I must've fallen asleep in my boyfriend's arms after a perfect day.