2

I immediately pulled out my phone to verify what Kevin had said.

#Scömìche, trending number four worldwide.

Scott and Kirstie's relationship announcement had trended number one for two days, but number four was amazing for a not even relationship. I clicked on the trend to see the tweets about it, and found links to several articles suggesting that yesterday's interview was in fact a reveal of our long time romance and Kirstie was just a beard.

As if. The only fake romance here was the once the media had decided was going on between me and Scott.

I gave Kevin a bewildered look. Was all this publicity a good thing thing not? From the grin on his face, I assumed he either shipped it or was loving the promo. Maybe both.

Jake emerged from the both to clap me on the shoulder and congratulate me on bagging such a hot dude even if, for now, he said, it was just according to some shippers in the media. I gave him a disparaging look, then headed to take his place at the microphone. Today was going to be anything but normal.

The show had never had so many listeners or callers before. Most were giggly fans of Scott's who wanted to ask me questions about our reported romance.

"What's it like to date Scott?"

"Your guess is as good as mine! Try asking Kirstie," I wasn't sure what the proper response to these questions was.

"Is he a romantic boyfriend?"

"Yet again, isn't this a question for Kirstie? Sadly you missed her, but she was in yesterday for an interview, which you can watch on our website! Try tweeting her or something."

It was bizarre how willing everyone was to blindly accept that I was dating Scott only a few days after everyone was gushing over him being with Kirstie. I kept telling them that I wouldn't know any of this stuff as we really weren't together, but it seemed like no one believed me. I asked people to not call if their questions were related to my reported relationship with Scott, but that didn't seem to stop it.

The grin on Kevin's face outside the booth made me think he was just choosing callers that had questions for me that he knew I didn't have answers to. He was milking the hell out of this whole thing. I couldn't say I entirely minded all the attention though.

-

Towards the end of the show, I relaxed into the ridiculousness of it all, joking around with some of the callers.

"What was your first date with Scott like?"

"Ooh, super romantic. We'd never met before, and then yesterday he turned up at my work for an interview along with his girlfriend. I'm swooning just thinking about it,"

As the end of the show neared, I repeated what I'd been saying all show.

"I'm not actually dating Scott Hoying. I mean, y'all would know if I was, because I wouldn't shut up about it. Who wouldn't talk about it if they were dating someone that hot?"

Sadly, in my relaxed state, I didn't notice the new arrivals in the office outside. After ending the show, I exited the both to trade places with the bubbly Jess, who winked as we crossed paths. When she'd closed the door, I properly looked around.

How had I missed the arrival of Avi, and more importantly, Scott? They were stood chatting to Kevin at his desk. Avi nodded in my direction politely, and Scott gave me one of those hugs that involved him patting me on the back, like you saw teen boys doing. I almost felt the need to follow the action by declaring 'no homo', but any pretence of a lack of homo on my part was looking gone after the unapologetically flirty messages of the day before and my comment just then. On air. That he'd probably heard. Oh no.