8

A few days later, Avi helped Scott and Kirstie write the speech for their official breakup. As Scott said, he didn't want to pretend anymore, and the media's obsession with Scömiche was gaining more publicity than the fake relationship (which still blew my mind), so it was pointless to carry on. Avi was very keen to assist in closing up the affair after having a talk with Scott, which was nice.

No real explaination was given for the tragically short lived celebrity couple, but every time I saw an article on the break up, I couldn't help but smile a little.

There were plenty of theories about the reason behind it, the most popular being that Scott had in fact fallen in love with a certain Mitch Grassi. #Scömìche was trending again. It still seemed crazy that other people cared about my relationship, to some extent.

Properly dating Scott was great. We'd been to lots of unusual places to avoid being recognised, but some of the best times we'd spent together were just sitting watching a film in my apartment, or chatting over coffee. I never got tired of being with him.

Scott had, of course been Instagramming pictures of our dates, which just fueled the Scömìche fire. I was just trying to lie low and not get us into any trouble, because I was very aware of all the eyes on our relationship, even if they didn't know that was what it was yet.

-

The morning after the official breakup, I was met by a crowd of reporters outside the PTX FM building.

"Is it true that you're dating Scott"

"Did Scott cheat on Kirstie?"

"Are you two engaged?"

I laughed at that.

"Do you really think I'd let him get away with not giving me any bling if we were?" I wiggled my empty fingers at them to display my lack of a ring. Even now I was dating Scott, the idea of us getting married seemed kind of crazy.

A couple of the photographers seemed amused, and I made my way inside smiling.

I found Kevin waiting for me as usual. He was determined to get details of what was going on with me and Scott following my sudden mood change, but I was at least a little worried he'd announce it on air.

"Come on Mitch, at least tell me if you two are dating!" Kevin whined.

At that moment Jake appeared from the booth.

"They totally are, why do you think he's been so happy and secretive?" He interjected.

I shook my head, trying not to smile too much as I entered the booth.

I pulled on the headphones and waited for the end of the song, pressing the microphone activation switch.

"Hi guys! Welcome back to PTX FM, I'm Mitch Grassi! Tweet or text us to let us know what you're up to and what you want to hear. Here's some Beyoncé to help get your morning off to a good start,"

I danced in my seat, glad no one but Kevin and my other co-workers could see me. A message flashed up on the computer screen from kevin.

Read messages from listeners after the song :)

After Beyoncé belted her last note, I turned on my microphone again.

"Well guys, Kevin says I should read some of your messages! Lets see ahat he wants me to read..." I looked through the details Kev had given me and sighed.

"@scomichefangirl asks when me and Scott are getting married. Well, Scott has just had a break up, so I really don't think now is the time for me to suggest us getting randomly married," I kept my tone light, "Maybe next week kiddo. And next," I scrolled down. It was harder than it seemed to stop myself from blurting out that we were together, because I honestly did want to tell everyone.

"Abigail has texted to ask if its true that Kirstie and Scott broke up because he liked me more. No. You've seen all the articles. It's one big mystery, but I doubt thats the reason. Honestly, if I had to pick between Kirstie and me, I'd pick Kirstie every time, and I'm gay. Kevin is thirsty for some drama, clearly. This is a radio show, not a gossip column y'all!"

I could hear Kevin's distincive laughter.

"Kevin is totally loving this. Hey everyone, if you're single and cute, send in your details, I promise to set him up on dates with some of you!"

Kevin stopped laughing.

"Here's the next track guys!"

Revenge was sweet.

-

After the show, Scott came over to my flat and we curled up on the sofa to continue watching the series we'd been racing through.

Halfway through the fifth episode, I realised we hadn't eaten as my stomach made a loud announcement. Scott suggested we went to a café instead of getting take out, so hand in hand we headed out from my apartment.

This was clearly a mistake. As soon as we left the building, I saw cameras flash from across the street. I looked up at Scott.

"You're not going to run away from me this this time as well are you?" He joked as we carried on walking, hands still intertwined. There was clearly some worry behind Scott's words, but I was far more sure of myself, and of us, now.

I shook my head, trying to ignore the cameras that were still following us at a distance. "Do you think if we yell 'no homo' loud enough they'll leave us alone?"

"Nah. Too late for that, there's no way they'll believe it now. Don't worry, I'll fight Avi for you," I had confessed my slight fear of Avi to Scott, who thought this was hilarious.

Using my free hand, I hit his arm gently.

"I'll fight you in a minute. Just because you've probably never been scared of anything in your life, Mr. Perfect..."

Scott squeezed my hand.

"You're the perfect one here, Mitch,"

"You're gross. You'll make me look all blushy and red in the pictures!"

"I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You could never look bad. You get even more adorable when you blush."

I rolled my eyes. Scott was so cheesy, and as much as I protested, I loved it.

"Thinking about it, we have nosey photographers to thank in part for us getting together."

"I think we would have sorted ourselves out much faster if it wasn't for the camera at Todrick's," I interrupted.

"Maybe, but it did help us actually get round to kissing again, which is a plus. And now we have nosey photographers that will lead Avi, most likely, to advising us to come clean about us dating," Scott turned to look at me, "Would you be ok with that?"

"Oh gosh, it might be hard, admitting to hanging out with boring nerd Scott Hoying. I mean, you'll probably ruin my street cred..." I placed my free hand on my chest dramatically as I spoke.

"The fact that you just said 'street cred' is sufficient proof that you have none," Scott jabbed back.

After letting out a giggle, I returned to the real matter at hand.

"I'm perfectly fine with us going public, Scott," I told him with a smile.

"Good," he said, leaning down to give me a kiss.

The flashes were almost blinding. That would definitely be in the papers tomorrow.