11

The perfect opportunity to talk to Kirstie arose when Scott invited me to come to the shoot for his new video series for a day.

I arrived with Scott to find the studio buzzing with people doing all sorts, from lighting to makeup. A woman with wildly curly blonde hair hurried over to Scott, grinning widely.

"Good morning, Scott!" She glanced down at a clipboard in her arms, "You're due with Nick in five..." She noticed my presence.

"Oh! You're..." She spun a manicured hand in the air as she searched her memory for my name.

"Mitch," I offered. She gave a grin.

"Yes! Mitch, so nice to meet you, sorry my brain's like a sieve! I'm Tori, I'm directing this whole thing. If you need anything at all, let me know."

I thanked her.

"Has anyone ever told you that you could be a model? You have the face and..." Tori asked, looking me up and down as the gestured vaguely.

"I told him that before," Scott smiled at me, and I smiled back.

"I thought that was just an excuse to see me again?"

"Ok, in part, but you totally could be!"

I laughed at that, and Scott blushed.

"You two are adorable, but you need to go head to Nick to get your face sorted out, not that it needs sorting, you know what I mean..." Tori trailed off with a wave of her hands.

Scott lead me off into another room where a woman with bright red hair, who told me her name was Nicole, started applying foundation to his face.

As Scott was busy being pretty, I scrolled through my phone, responding to some of the many tweets I'd recieved.

@d3adinsid3
@MitchGrassi no offence but can I have your life please

@MitchGrassi
@d3adinsid3 No offence but I'm very slightly using my life right now???? Sorry

@meme420
@MitchGrassi who did you sell your soul to to get to date scott hoying

@MitchGrassi
@meme420 Satan

@Scomicheownsmyass
@MitchGrassi Daddy

I read this particular tweet and username to Scott, who tried very hard not to laugh as Nicole set his foundation. I tapped out a reply to the ridiculous tweet.

@MitchGrassi
@Scomicheownsmyass Yes my child

I sent it, and couldn't help but feel like the me of a year ago would scream if he found out about my life now.

-

I spent the next couple of hours watching Scott and Kirstie film, and other people flitting around doing their bit to keep the production moving. Kirstie seemed somewhat distracted throughout it all, so I went to find her during the break for lunch.

I knocked on the door of the small room that was being used as her dressing room.

She was lying across an armchair, legs over one arm, phone in her hand. Her eyes lit up as I opened the door, then she deflated slightly again when she saw it was me. She locked her phone, resting it on her lap as I closed the door.

"Are you alright Kirstie? You seem a little... off."

"Yeah, I'm fine!" She suddenly perked up again, giving me a genuine looking smile. I was very much confused.

I hovered awkwardly by the door.

"Scott said things seemed a little... awkward between you and Avi,"

"Scott sees what we want him to," she replied, with a smirk. I didn't really get it.

"What do you mean?"

"Promise not to tell Scott? For a few days at least?" Her expression was suddenly serious as she looked me dead in the eye.

I guessed I could do that. I nodded.

"I, personally, do not think there is any real awkwardness between me and my boyfriend," she grinned slyly.

My mouth dropped open.

"Kirstie! You haven't told anyone?"

"Nope," she popped the p, grinning even wider.

I sat down on the seat next to her, ready for her to spill the details.

"Why not? I don't think they'd mind"

"Avi's worried the crew might get weirded out or something. If that's what he wants, I don't mind."

"I can't believe you, Kit Kat!" I pulled her in for a hug.

"Don't you dare! I trusted you!"
She pointed a joking finger at me as she pulled away, and we both burst into giggles.

"Keep it quiet though,"

I gave her my word, and we headed back to the shoot. This was a secret worth keeping, for a little while at least.