7

After spending a day moping around, I had to go to work. Ideally I would've done nothing for at least a couple more days, but life was like that. It forced you to go on.

I threw on some clothes, making sure the shades of black didn't clash, but otherwise paying little attention to my appearance. I brushed my hair through with my fingers, and deemed myself acceptable.

My trip to Starbucks was relatively normal. A few people were purposely avoiding looking at me, I guess so I didn't think they were staring, but if anything, that was worse. I felt like they were ashamed, judging me for my stupid actions. I hurried back to the safety of my car, firmly deciding that this Monday was going to be terrible.

I was infinitely greatful for the lack of paparazzi outside the front of the studio as I drove past. Sadly, the reason there was no one at the front was because they were all at the back. I parked, fixing my hair again quickly, and then stepped out of the car. The flash bulbs immediately began to go off. I walked around the cameras.

"Did Scott break up with you?"

"Why did you reject him?"

"How do always get your hair so perfect?"

Questions were being yelled, and I stopped walking, motioning for them to be quiet. Once the group was silent, I gave my simple statement.

"Have you ever considered that it's honestly none of your business?"

I turned and hurried inside as the flashes started up again.

-

Kevin and Jake both gave me encouraging pats on my back when I arrived.

The show was full of callers with questions about Scott and our supposed breakup or fight. Kevin and the team either weren't picking people carefully enough, or the callers were doing whatever they could to get a tiny piece of news. It barely counted as news anyway. Scott had told them all that needed to be said. There was nothing between us.

I wasn't in the mood for joking around, and though I tried to exude my normal cheerfulness, I was clearly failing, as Kevin gestured for me to finish up an hour early.

Jess gave me a quick hug as we swapped over.

"Just go home and chill, Mitch. Let me know if you need anything," Kevin told me, placing a hand on my shoulder gently.

I greatfully took the offered freedom. I rushed to my car, thankfull that this time no cameras were to be seen. I drove home quickly but carefully. Once I'd made it to my parking spot outside my flat I breathed a sigh of relief. I was home safe. Time to continue the moping in peace.

I got into the lift, glad that it was empty, and pressed the button for my floor. When it pinged, I got out, heading towards my door, only to find someone leaning against the wall next to it.

"Mitch," Scott spoke quietly, just above a whisper. "I'm so sorry,"

I shook my head slightly, getting out my key to unlock my door.

"I totally understand if you hate me, I just want to talk to you, please," his ocean blue eyes met mine, and it was impossible for me not to at least let him talk.

"Ok."

I unlocked the door and grudgingly held it open for him to enter, which he did quickly, almost as if anticipating me changing my mind.

I stepped in and closed the door. I stood, ridgidly, unsure of what to do. I felt like a guest in my own home. It was uncomfortably silent for a moment.

"I'm so sorry, I know I messed things up, I should have told you everything before but I just couldn't," The words were tumbling out of Scott's mouth. I wasn't entirely sure what he was trying to say.