Peter's Apartment

Start from the beginning

"I mean, I make a mess all the time around here. It's about time you made one."

Peter sighed and ran a hand over his face, turning to wander back to toward the kitchen.

"I do think we should talk," Wade worked up the courage to say. White box was not thrilled about that. Yellow box considered it a triumph.

"Yeah. Yeah. Okay. Starting where?" Peter nodded and faced Wade.

"Uh..." Wade ran a hand over the top of his head.

"Could you take off your mask?" Peter asked, and Wade hesitated. "I know you don't like to, but, I'd like to be able to see your face, if we're gonna talk."

"Yeah, that's a good idea," Wade pulled the mask off and put it on his belt. "So. Talking?"

"Yes. Uh..."

"I don't know how to do this."

"How to talk?"

"The relationship thing. Like, I'm not- And you are."

"What makes you think I know how to do this?"

"Because you do. You're good at this shit. You can figure out how to talk about stuff and be domestic and be- Like, coupley."

"I think I'm about as good at it as you are," Peter shrugged and leaned against the counter. Wade scoffed.

"Yeah. Well. You have more practice than I do."

"That doesn't mean anything. It just takes effort."

"I give-"

"I didn't say you didn't. I just- I'm not any better at this than you."

"I don't know how to say what I want to say."

"Just say it."

Wade hesitated and turned to shut the window so he would have something to do.

"I get worried you're gonna realize I'm not good at being a boyfriend and then you're gonna break up with me because I'm not good at being not-bad. Like you are. You're just so much..."

Wade stopped messing with the latch on the window and lost the end of his sentence because Peter had come up behind him and wrapped his arms around his waist.

"Peter?"

"You are an excellent boyfriend. And you're not bad. You're good at being not-bad. Alright?"

"I kill people... For a living... You know that's what I do, right?"

Yellow box is screaming that of course Peter knows. White box is yelling DON'T REMIND HIM!

"Yeah. But you also showed up in the middle of the day to bring me socks, and then I screamed at you for no reason and you didn't even... You're a good boyfriend. You're the best."

"I don't know about that. But I am great."

"I'm the bad boyfriend, I'm," Peter started, and Wade turned around to look at him, slipping out of his arms. "I worry you too much. I mean, you thought I hated you because I didn't answer the phone for a few hours. You were like, freaking out, and what does that say? Do you honestly think I'm gonna just leave you over nothing one day?"

"I don't know? I just don't want to lose you and I just think, like, wow, Peter Parker is the best thing that's ever happened to me in my life and I can't go back to the way I used to be if he leaves me so I can't mess this up like I have a tendency to do."

"You can't mess this up, Wade- I mean, you can, but not with shit like being yourself or not doing the dishes. It's not like that. You don't get away that easy."