22

"And the person who likes him is..."

This was taking too long.

"Spit it out already!" Connor urged, waiting to hear who liked his boyfriend.

"John Cena," Kian said, smirking. He couldn't stay serious.

Connor rolled his eyes. "Kian, I'm being serious. Tell me."

"Fine. Tyler Oakley. The person who likes Troye is Tyler Oakley."

That name rung a bell. A very loud bell, at that.

"Oh my god," he said, before finally realizing who Tyler Oakley was. I've dated him before.

"Connor, are you okay?"

He could hear Kian, but he sounded very distant - like he was on the other side of a very long tunnel. Everything else was a big blur. Connor couldn't think straight right now. The Tyler Oakley that he once dated now liked his boyfriend. What the fuck?

Kian was shaking him by his shoulders now. "Connor Joel Franta, are you okay? Answer me. Say something to me, buddy."

"I'm sorry, I need a minute," Connor said, walking away from Kian and his now-worried boyfriend, and to a quiet part of the hallways, which were abustle. He needed a minute to process all of this.

Tyler fucking Oakley likes Troye? No. This isn't possible. This isn't okay. I'm going to rip his fucking throat out. He's dated me before. He's just like me - he goes from boy to boy in an instant. If he dated Troye, he's going to hurt him, I know he will. He hurts everyone. He says he likes them, and then he leaves them. I've been a victim, and he's been one of mine. But if he does anything to Troye, someone is going to die. And that someone will be Tyler.

"Connor, are you okay?" A familiar Aussie accent asked.

"I'm-" he took a breath. "No. I'm not okay."

"What's wrong?" He sat next to Connor. "Please tell me, I'm here to help."

"I just found something out. Something very important," Connor said. "I might just be overreacting, but I don't think so. I have good reasoning for acting like this because of it."

"What is that something?"

"Someone likes you. That someone being Tyler Oakley," Connor said quietly.

Troye went wide eyed. Wait, what the hell? Is this why he tried keeping me from Connor but wouldn't say anything other than the fact he was 'trying to protect me'?

"Wait, what? Did you just say Tyler Oakley or am I hearing wrong?" Troye asked, just to be sure.

Connor shook his head. "No, I said Tyler Oakley."

"He's my fucking ex-best friend! You know, the one I told you about a while back," Troye said. "The one I said I got into an argument with."

"What? Then why does he like you?"

"I don't know, but I have a good thought on why he might." Troye took a breath. "So, that 'argument'... He was warning me about you, telling me to stay away. He told me about you, saying he was with you and stuff. He told me you pretended to like him and stuff. He was apparently trying to protect me, but it was the same thing every time. We stopped being friends. I think he was trying to keep me from you so he could have a chance to be with me." This was an awkward thing to talk about Connor with - the argument part, I mean - but he had a right to know.

"Oh." That was all he could say. Oh. But just oh?? He had a lot more he could've said, but it would probably be very rude. He was feeling so many mixed emotions, feeling like he was being tugged a million different ways all at once. He felt confused. He felt furious, jealous, upset, hurt, broken, and so many more - all because Tyler likes Troye.

"I would never leave you for him, though. I couldn't. You're too special, too kind... Too sweet to hurt," Troye said quietly.

"Troye, this is going to hurt to say," Connor said. "You're too good to be good for me."

Troye was confused. "What is that supposed to mean? Am I not good enough?"

"No. You're too good. And I'm not good enough for you. You deserve Tyler. He's a great guy, honestly," Connor said. "He's told you everything you need to know about me, and he should know. He wasn't kidding when he said he dated me. And he wasn't kidding when he said I faked being in love with him." Connor looked away, ashamed.

"But... You wouldn't do that to me, would you?" Troye asked, a bit of hurt lingering in his voice. "...Would you?"

"Troye, of course not. No. But you don't deserve me. I have a shitty past. I'm rude to people, I've played people, and I'm ashamed of who I am, really. You deserve someone else."

"...Are you breaking up with me?" Troye has lost Connor once, but that was him just overreacting. He didn't want to lose him a second time.

"Troye-"

"No, Connor. Are you fucking breaking up with me? Over this? After all we've been through?" Troye's eyes were watering with tears at this point. "I told you I wouldn't date him."

"I don't know, okay?" Troye was extremely confused now, but before he could speak, Connor continued. "I'm scared, I'm worried, I'm nervous - so nervous - because I don't want to lose you, but I don't want you to leave me first. I'm confused of all my emotions right now, and it's messing me up." Connor's eyes were watering with tears as well. "Don't leave me. Please."

"I could never," he whispered. "Don't hurt me. Please."

"Holy shit, honestly, I could never," he whispered back, before wrapping his arms tightly around Troye. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

Troye knew he was going to have to talk with Tyler about what Connor had told him about him liking him, though.

A/N: Told you it would be a big plot twist! But I couldn't mess you guys up, because my original plan was to have them break up, so you're welcome.