2

-Flashback to the previous day...-

"Aye, Connor!" JC called, accompanied by a few of their other friends, Joey and Kian.

"Hi," he said, closing his locker.

"So, we have an idea that would be perfect, as it fits your reputation," he said, grinning. A small smile crossed Connor's face.

"Spill," he said, and the three boys looked at each other, before Joey spoke.

"So, you know how you're a high school badass and a player, right? Well, there's a new kid around. He's an exchange student from Australia, we think. Why don't you mess with his heart? I mean, you mess with everyone's. Wouldn't it just be so funny to see him fall for you and then get crushed once you leave him because it wasn't real love like you do to everyone?"

Connor smiled even wider.

"That's an amazing plan. I'll do it," he said, closing his locker.

"Oh, also, we've got Jordan to scare him a bit as well. Just rush to his aid and pretend to act all concerned." Connor nodded.

"How do you plan on leaving him? I mean, it's different for everyone when you leave them. You do something different each time," Kian said curiously.

"I'm not sure. I'll think of something, though," he said, before heading to his first class.

-Back to reality...-

"Connor Franta, you're late again," his history teacher, Mr. Franks, growled.

"Sorry," he said, walking to his seat, sitting down.

"Late again, I give you detention," he said, before turning back to the lesson. Connor looked at the seat beside him. It used to be empty, but he noticed someone sitting there...

That's when he realized it was Troye.

Troye didn't look back at him, though. He was too focused in the lesson.

Connor just took out his notebook, drawing some designs and pictures the entire lesson.

~~~

"Thank the lords, we can finally go home," Tyler said, and Troye laughed.

"Right? This day has been so exhausting," he replied semi-sarcastically.

"True, it really has."

As Tyler and Troye were about to leave the school, something tugged on Troye's backpack and pulled him back. Hard.

Troye fell to the ground, being dragged across the ground.

"What the-"

Before he could finish his sentence, he was forcefully pulled up and pushed against the locker by his collar.

"Hey look, it's the new kid," the person said coldly. "I hate the new kids," he growled.

"What did I do to deserve this?" Troye said by accident, thinking out loud. He wished he could take that back, because the boy's reaction was not very pretty. Troye trembled slightly with fear. This guy was very intimidating.

"Oh, you didn't do anything. I just like to scare the new kids. You know, so they know not to fuck with me," he said. "Just for a little future-notice."

"Leave me alone and let go of me. I don't even know who the fuck you are!" Troye said firmly, raising his voice slightly, and the taller boy scoffed.

"Look at that, that's adorable. The new kid thinks he can talk to me that way," he said sarcastically, before punching Troye across the face. He fell to the ground. Tyler rushed to his side. "Don't fucking talk to me that way. And don't raise your voice at me," the other boy ordered.

"Hey! Leave him alone, Jordan!" A boy yelled. A rather familiar voice, too. Then a face came into view.

Connor.

What the fuck are you doing?

Maybe he knows him, though.

Just stay quiet, Troye...

"Are you really going to stick up for the new kid? Connor, come on, don't be like that. I'm your friend, he's not," Jordan replied.

Okay, maybe I'm not exactly acting concerned. Jordan wasn't supposed to physically hurt him, Connor thought to himself.

"I don't give a shit. You don't bully someone you don't know when they didn't do anything. And you sure as hell don't punch them. He did nothing to you," Connor said, pushing Jordan aside. Jordan walked away, rolling his eyes as Connor walked over to Troye.

"Are you okay?" He asked looking at where he was punched.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just- the right side of my face hurts a bit," he said, completely forgetting Tyler was there for a second. Connor extended a hand out to help him up.

Troye took his hand, his heart rate increasing a bit at the physical contact. Connor pulled him up, pulling his own hand away from Troye's.

"Look, I'm sorry about him. He's sort of a douche. If he ever hurts you again, you tell me," Connor said. Troye nodded a little bit, before him and Tyler walked away, and out of the school.

A/N: Wow, okay, I'm sorry. That was very unexpected. I just thought it needed a little excitement and/or action to it haha