20

Everything had gone by in an instant, and soon enough, it was time to return to school.

~~~

"Franta!" Connor turned his head to see his friends walking towards him.

"What's up?"

"You didn't do it yet." To be honest, they all looked a bit annoyed.

"You guys never gave me a time limit for anyone else. What's your deal with Troye?" Connor retorted, shutting his locker.

"Oh, it's nothing to do with Troye," JC said. "It's you. You've fallen too in love with the boy. You're not even supposed to fall in love with him. That was the entire plan."

"Give me time, I'll do it," Connor said, pushing through them to get away. Maybe.

Meanwhile, Troye was stopped in the hallway by these guys - Caspar and Dan. They were two people that people were warned to stay away from no matter what. Everyone knew that.

Everyone except Troye.

"So, you're dating Connor Franta, are you?" The much taller one - Dan - asks.

"Why do you care? I don't even know you," Troye said quietly, looking up at the male.

"It was a question. You will answer it, you disgusting fag," Caspar says, and Troye takes all his energy, willing himself not to cry. He gets hurt too easily now, but he won't break down in front of these two. Or anyone in the school besides Connor.

"I don't want to answer that. Just leave me alone," Troye says, beginning to walk away, but Caspar pushes him to the side, making him hit the lockers.

"You know, gay people are disgusting. They're worthless faggots, just like you," Dan says, before grabbing Troye by the collar and making him stand, pushing him against the locker.

"Please stop. Leave me alone," Troye says, growing a bit more annoyed.

"I'm sorry, what was that? I didn't hear you." Troye then felt the taller boy punch him in the gut. He lets out a small squeak of pain.

"I said stop," Troye says, more firmly this time.

"No. It's people like you who deserve a lesson," Dan said, but before he could hurt Troye any farther, Troye speaks.

He stops clenching his gut and stands up, looking straight up at Dan. It hurt like hell, however. He crossed his arms.

"Would you be doing the same thing to Connor Franta?"

The two boys, Caspar and Dan, went wide-eyed.

"Because, you know, I'm dating him, so he's gay. You said it's people like me who need a to learn a lesson. If you wouldn't do it to him, don't do it to me, don't do it to Tyler because don't think I don't fucking see you hurting him. Don't do it to any gay person in this school, because if you wouldn't do it to him, then it's not fair to everyone else," Troye said, and the two boys just walked away, still wide-eyed. What Troye didn't realize, however, was that Connor never actually told anyone he was gay. But people would get the hint when they knew Troye and Connor were dating, right?

...Right?

Fuck.

He curled up in a ball against the lockers, clenching his gut again. "Motherfucker," he mutters quietly. Honestly, with how hard the boy had punched, it hurt like a bitch.

Connor saw Troye on the ground, and he immediately ran over.

"Troye-boy? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, my gut hurts. That's all," he says he sits up, tears welled in his eyes.

This makes Connor's heart (shake, bend and) break.

"Connor, there's two things. One of which I'm ashamed of." Troye takes a breath in. "My gut hurts because I was punched. Here's the one I'm ashamed of, though, and you'll probably never forgive me for it..." He trails off, thinking of a way to tell him.

"What is it, Troye? You can tell me," Connor says, obvious concern lingering in his eyes.

"Connor, I told two people that you were gay by accident. I just sort of blurted it out, and I just-" there were a few tears falling now. "-I feel really bad now."

Connor sighed. "It's okay. People are going to find out one day anyways."

"But it's not okay. That was your secret, and I just told two people. It's not my responsibility to out you when you aren't really ready, Connah. It's not okay. I can't forgive myself."

"Who did you tell?"

Troye pauses. "I don't know their names, but one was really tall with chocolate brown eyes, and the other was blonde with blue eyes, I think."

The first people that popped up in Connor's mind were Dan Howell and Caspar Lee.

Well shit.

"Troye, it really is okay. Honestly, I'm not mad. Please don't beat yourself up over it. It was an accident," Connor said, wiping the tears from Troye's cheeks, as well as from his eyes.

Troye hugged Connor tightly.

"I won't. And as much as I keep saying this, I could say it so many more times. I'm sorry, Connah. I'm so, so fucking sorry." Troye knew he was eventually going to have to stop apologizing, but right now he wanted Connor to know just how sorry he was, because he messed up.

"Troye, I said it's okay. Really, it is," Connor said, the slightest chuckle laced into his words. "Stop apologizing."

Then the bell rung.

"Come on," Connor said, pulling back from the hug. "We're going to be late if we don't hurry." Slowly, Troye stood up and collected his things from the floor, walking to class with Connor.

A/N: Yay, two updates in about an hour and a half!