14

School came around again, and Monday was boring. Tiring, exhausting... Very dramatic, I should say.

~~~

"Guys, I have to talk to you," Connor said to his friends during free period.

"What's up?" Kian asked, while the others waited.

"Well, so, um, you know the plan you made about Troye?" Connor asked. They nodded.

"What about it?" JC asked.

"Well, um, you see..." He began. "IsortoffellinlovewithTroyeandIdon'twanttodotheplananymore," he says, very quickly. The only person that caught on was Joey.

"You what?" Joey asked in disbelief. "The entire plan was to not fall in love with him. You're not supposed to fall in love with anyone. You have a reputation to keep up, you know?"

"Well I'm sorry that I can't help it! It's like he's changed me or something, it's weird!" Connor said, raising his voice slightly, giving a small sigh. "I don't want to break his little heart."

"It'd be an honor to him, though, if you did," Kian said. Connor furrowed his eyebrows.

"What the hell? How?"

"Because, you break everyone's heart differently."

Connor shook his head. "I don't want to do the plan anymore. Why can't you guys just let us be a happy couple? I love him."

"Because," JC said. "You're a heartbreaker. It's what you do. You have to keep up your reputation."

"You know what? Fuck my reputation. Fuck my reputation, fuck your reputation, and fuck any reputation ever. Nobody needs them anyways, they're as stupid and pointless as cliques are," Connor snapped, leaving the other three boys to remain silent.

"Okay, you know what, Connor? We're going to give you a choice here," Kian said, crossing his arms. "A.) You break his heart yourself, or we'll tell him all about the plan. B.) You stay with him, but you can't be in our friendship any longer. It's your choice."

And then the bell rung.

Connor let out a small groan. He wanted to convince his friends to just leave them be, but no, his friends just had to do things the hard way.

He grabbed his things, storming out of the room. He was frustrated. So very frustrated.

Things weren't much better for Troye that day, either.

People kept on bullying him, physically hurting him as well as verbally, too.

All throughout free period, a group of people cornered him and began kicking him. He cowered in the corner, curling into a fetal position, feeling so helpless... so weak. Where's Connor when I really need him?

People passing by were bystanders and witnesses of what was happening, but not one of them (not even one) stopped to help Troye.

Connor, as the bell rang and he walked out of the classroom, saw a sight he never wanted to see in his life.

Troye was being hurt.

He literally just dropped his things, running over, pushing them all out of the way. He stood protectively in front of Troye.

"Didn't I give a warning to everyone not too long ago about if you dare lay a fucking finger on this boy?" He glared at them all, and could tell they were all at least slightly freaked out.

"Y-yes," one of them piped up.

"Then why the hell were you hurting him? What did he ever do to deserve this?"

"He's a fag! A disgusting faggot! He's queer, and gross..." They continued on, and Troye blocked his ears with tears pricking his eyes.

"So what? I'm fucking gay, too. Are you going to come picking on me for it?" Everyone was shocked. Even Connor had just shocked himself. Did I just admit to everyone that I'm gay??

This was the first time Connor had come out to anyone at all. Everyone only knew he was bisexual - he never wanted to blurt out one of his deepest, darkest secrets in front of them. Even Troye was shocked, which he didn't know why, as he was Connor's boyfriend.

"Tell anyone I said anything about that, you're all dead," he threatened, and they all ran off. He turned around, extending his hand out to Troye.

Troye grabbed Connor's hand, standing up.

"I can't believe I just did that," Connor says as he pulls his hand from Troye's. "I just slipped up so fucking badly. Now people know I'm gay and not just bisexual."

"Hey, it's okay," Troye said, putting his hand on Troye's shoulder. Connor calmed down a bit. Yep, Troye's touch really put him at ease.

"It's not, though! What if that spreads?" Connor was freaking out. He'd never done this before, and he was scared.

"It'll be okay. I promise. Coming out can be scary, but I promise it works out in the end." He should know - he's come out as gay before. "How long have you known you were gay for, and not just bisexual?"

"Since I met you," Connor admits, turning bright pink. Troye could feel his cheeks heating up as well.

"O-oh," Troye said, a small smile crossing his face.

Before they could say anymore, the late bell rung.

"Crap, we're going to be late for art. And I'm not up for another detention."

A/N: Told you there'd be drama! Sorry this is kind of short, by the way 😁