5

(This is a few minutes before the ending of the last chapter, if that made sense.)

"Wow, okay. I'm surprised that at this point, people aren't trying to smack the lunch out of my hands," Troye said as he walked over to the lunch table with Connor, where a few of Connor's friends were sat.

Connor let out a small laugh. "I told you, people don't mess with me. I gave them a warning, and now they've stopped," he says as they reach the table.

"Erm, you all don't mind if I sit here, do you?" Troye asks shyly, glancing at the other three boys.

They shook their heads, smiling.

"No, of course not. Sit," said the boy with the dirty blonde or light brown quiff.

Troye smiled a little, sitting down next to Connor, as he was the only one he knew out of the four of the boys.

"Troye, this is Kian, JC, and Joey," Connor said, pointing out each of the boys as he said their name. "Guys, this is Troye."

"Oh, so you're the new kid?" JC asked. Troye nodded.

"Yeah, I am," he said, before taking a small bite of his sandwich.

"Where are you from, exactly?" One of the boys - Kian, he thinks - asks.

"Perth, Australia. I'm an exchange student," he replies, and semi-quietly. He wasn't very good around people he didn't know that well.

They nod, before they all start talking. Troye catches Tyler glancing over at him many times, in which results in Troye internally rolling his eyes.

Can't he just leave me alone? Stay out of my life? It's obvious he's mad at me and wants nothing to do with me.

~~~

"You okay?" Connor asked, walking over to Troye's locker. "You seemed a little... I don't know... Off, in the lunch room today."

"Yeah, I'm-," he said, inhaling and exhaling, sighing. "-I'm fine."

"Troye, seriously, what's wrong?" Connor asks, leaning up against the locker. "We're like, best friends now. You can tell me."

Connor had literally just friendzoned Troye. Oh well.

"It's just-" he paused, taking a few things out of his locker. "My supposed 'best friend' is mad at me and is now ignoring me," he says, sighing once more before shutting his locker.

"That sucks. What happened?" Connor asked curiously.

Shit, how am I supposed to tell him?!

Guess I'll have to lie.

Troye hated being one to lie, but he couldn't tell Connor - he knew Connor was bound to do something bad to Tyler. Troye didn't want anyone to get hurt - it was his own doing.

"We just had a fight, that's all," he said simply.

Connor didn't want to be a burden of Troye's privacy of the fight, so he just said, "Oh."

Troye nodded. Connor opened his mouth to say something, but what interrupted by the bell.

"See you around," he said, and Troye nodded, smiling a tiny bit, before going off to his next class.

Needless to say, Connor was mad in love with Troye. Like, more in love than he's ever been before. If we date, I have to try to convince my friends to let us. I would feel bad breaking his heart. He seems like a fragile boy, he thinks to himself.

~~~

"Connor, late for math again, I see? This is the second time," Ms. Jackson, the math teacher, said.

He nods simply. She sighs and then makes him sit in his chair.

"Why are you always late?" Troye asked quietly. Connor shrugged simply.

"No reason."

And with those two words, Connor took out his notebook and began sketching something with his pencil. He found himself occasionally glancing at Troye, and when he was done, he had sketched out every little detail of Troye's face.

He quickly flipped the page before Troye could see anything he just drew, although he knows he probably got small glances at the drawing.

He begins to sketch on the other side of the page, before Ms. Jackson snapped at Connor, startling him out of his drawing state.

"Mr. Franta, is this art class?"

He just looked up at her, not saying anything, his face expressionless.

She sighed. "Just please pay attention." She turned back to the chalkboard. "One of these days you're gonna get put in detention," she mutters under her breath. Connor hears it, tensing up.

"Hey, hey. Relax," Troye said gently and quietly, placing a hand on his arm. Connor froze, relaxing a bit though.

What am I doing? Troye thinks to himself.

Troye pulled his hand back immediately incase Connor didn't like him touching him.

He just quietly turns back to the teacher.

There's something about his touch and his touch only that calms me down... It weird... Connor thinks to himself.

~~~

"I am so not ready for that math test tomorrow," Troye says, giving a nervous chuckle.

"Hey," he says, putting a hand on his shoulder. "It's not today. Just study and you'll be fine."

Troye gave a breathy laugh. "Says the guy who doesn't study," Troye said, grabbing his things from his locker.

"Whatever," he says, rolling his eyes, giving a fond smile anyways. "Anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me today. Like, at the Starbucks down the street from here. Because I'd like to get to know you better," Connor asks with a smile.

Troye smiled back, his big blue eyes looking up at Connor. He bit his lip, nodding, before turning and grabbing the last thing out of his locker. He shut it closed.

He pulled out his phone, texting his mum.

'Mum, I'm going out with a friend to Starbucks. I should be back soon, I'll text you if I need anything.'

"Okay, we're good. Let's go," Troye says with a smile.

On the way out of school, as he was walking with Connor, he caught Tyler glancing at him. Troye rolled his eyes, ignoring him. He just continued to walk on out of the school, and towards Starbucks.