11

As Troye was back in his room, his phone screen lit up with a notification.

Tyler:
'Call me. I really need to talk to you. Please, Troye.'

Troye groaned. Should he do it? Should he not?

He decided to be nice, and so he called Tyler immediately after.

"Hello?" Troye said, and what he heard next shocked him.

"Hey, Troye." That wasn't the shocking part. The shocking part was that Tyler seemed... I don't know, what's the word? Nervous and worried. Yes, that's the one. He sounded nervous and worried to be talking to Troye.

"So, what did you need to talk about?" Troye asked, breaking free from the everlasting silence.

"I need to tell you something really important. You'll probably hate me, but it's best to be honest," Tyler said, and Troye braced himself for whatever was to come. Taking a breath, Tyler said, "Troye, I was the person who started the rumors about you,"

Troye was silent, shocked.

"Wait, what? Tyler, please tell me you're joking," Troye said, his voice full of rage and hurt.

"I wish I were... I feel terrible," Tyler said quietly.

"Well you should!" He snapped. "Why would you do that? That's mean! Very mean, because you know that's not true."

"Troye, I-I'm sorry. I just- I was just so mad at you, and then before I knew it, what I said spread like wildfire before I could stop it. I didn't want to hurt you," Tyler said, and Troye rolled his eyes.

"Bull-fucking-shit," Troye said. "I cannot believe you right now. Just-" He took in a breath. "Just don't talk to me, and just leave me alone. Stay away from me, and don't try coming back to be my friend again. You ruined that chance," Troye said, before hanging up. He shook with anger and annoyance, and also began tearing up because of that. That also happened because he was hurt.

And if things couldn't get any worse, his parents were downstairs, yelling and screaming at each other again.

I need someone right now.

No, wait, not just anyone.

I need Connor right now.

It was kind of late but whatever. He pulled up Connor's contact on his phone, pressing the green "call" button.

"Hello?" Connor said as he answered.

"Connor," Troye said, his voice shaking. "I need you. I can't do this, I'm just-" he cut himself off before he continued.

"Come over to my place. We'll talk it out," Connor said, and Troye smiled a tiny bit.

"I'm on my way. See you there," he said, before hanging up. He managed to slip out of the house, before he ran next door.

He knocked, and then his hero opened the door to save the day.

He tugged Troye inside his house, leading him upstairs to his room where they would have more privacy to talk.

The tears had begun falling down Troye's cheeks on his way over. It broke Connor's heart to pieces to see him this way.

"What's wrong?" He asked, sitting next to Troye on his bed. He began to gently rub his back.

"It's just-" he began. "It's just that there's so much shit going on right now. My household is a mess, and one of my ex-friends are completely idiotic."

"Well that ex-friend - you must not have needed them anyway," Connor said. "What's wrong with your household?"

"It's my parents. They just keep going at it, basically all day. I'm not sure how much longer I can take the yelling from downstairs. What I am pretty sure of though is that I'm going to go insane from listening to them," Troye said, wiping a few tears from his cheeks. "They were still going at it when I managed to leave. It's like they've completely forgotten about me and my siblings, because we're just not a family anymore."

"I'm sorry to hear that," Connor said, pulling Troye closer to him, hugging him as well. "Do you want to stay over a night or two? I'm sure my parents won't mind. My siblings won't either, as they don't really care what I'm doing."

Troye nodded. "Thank you, Connah," he said with a small smile.

"You're welcome, Troye-boy," he replied. "I love you," he added.

"I love you too."

Connor pressed a light kiss to Troye's cheek. They didn't move, and just stayed like that for a good half an hour.

~~~

Troye woke up suddenly in the middle of the night, shaking. His dreams had been plagued with nightmares.

He cuddled closer to the sleeping Connor, almost wanting to cry from his nightmare. It was terrible.

He accidentally woke Connor up, and Connor could hear his quiet, unsteady, shaky breathing.

"Troye," he whispered. "What's wrong?"

"I had a nightmare," he said quietly in response.

"What was it about?"

The thought of the nightmare had brought tears to his eyes.

"You - I mean, we - had gotten into this huge argument over something, and you left me. You were gone, just like that," he said, his voice quivering slightly, breaking as well. "Please tell me that won't happen, because I'm really scared it will."

Connor pulled Troye as close to him as he could, wrapping his arms tightly around him. But not tight enough so that it hurt, which was good, because he didn't want to hurt him.

"Troye, I can't promise that, because fights are so unpredictable and can happen basically anytime at any day. What I can promise you is that I won't leave you." That is, if I can convince my friends that I don't have to hurt you like that, you fragile, beautiful boy.

"Do you swear that you won't?" Troye asked, looking up at Connor.

"I swear," Connor replied.

"Are you sure?" Troye questioned again in a teasing, joking way.

"Yes Troye, I'm sure."

"100% positive?" A small grin graced his lips.

"Yes. 110% positive, even."

Troye opened his mouth to speak, but was stopped before he could, as a pair of warm lips met his.

Pulling away for a second, Connor whispered, "Troye, I promise," before pressing their lips together again gently.

A/N: So, Tyler was a bit rude in this, oops 😁 But I hope that you liked this chapter, along with all the others!