15

As Troye walked into his home, it's like living hell for him.

Again, his parents are screaming at each other, but he also smells a strong, distinct smell of alcohol coming from them. Or, maybe just one of them.

He also sees his siblings managing to sneak upstairs - the safest spot in this house in this blue neighborhood.

Fuck. My. Life.

Troye slipped past them and upstairs, to where Tyde, Steele, and Sage were talking together in a spare room upstairs. Troye knocked, and they opened the door, pulling him inside immediately. Troye put his backpack on the floor.

"What's going on here?"

"Mom and dad... They're getting a divorce," Steele said, and Tyde and Sage looked at Troye with a sad expression hidden in their eyes, the words "SAD" practically written all over their faces in bold print.

"Wait... Are you serious?" Troye asked, his eyes widening.

They nodded.

"Sadly, yes," Tyde said. "We're being 100% serious."

"How did you find out? Did they tell you?" Troye felt like he had too many questions to ask. He bit his tongue to keep him from talking too much.

"We overheard it in one of our conversations. Mom yelled at dad and dad was like, 'You know what? I'm glad we're getting a divorce!'" Sage said, an even sadder expression hidden deep among her face.

Troye couldn't take all this. Today was the worst day ever for him. First he's beaten up, then he's getting homophobic slurs thrown at him, and now his parents were getting a divorce.

He ran out of the room and downstairs, only to hear something glass shattering. He took off before he could see what it was.

Why couldn't he have a normal life? Why couldn't they be a happy family like the good old days?

He ran to the one person who he knew he could trust most - Connor.

Connor was stood outside on his porch, just looking around. That is, until he saw Troye running towards him. Something wasn't right.

Troye hugged him tightly as soon as he saw him.

"Hello," Connor said, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend. "Hey, no, what's wrong?"

"This is literally the worst day ever... I just need you," Troye admitted, before burying his face into Connor's shoulder.

"Let's go inside. I'm home alone anyways, so we have more privacy to talk," Connor said before grabbing Troye's hand, pulling him inside. Connor sat down on the couch, while Troye opted to stay standing, pacing back and forth.

"So what happened?" Connor asked, watching as Troye paced the room.

"Okay, so first, I was beaten up. Second, I had homophobic slurs thrown into my face. Third, and most recent, my parents are getting a divorce!" He exclaims, throwing his hands up. He sighs, taking a breath to try and calm down. "I just don't know how much more pain I can take."

Connor felt sorry for Troye. He really did. The poor boy didn't deserve any of this.

He saw a tear glistening in the light as it ran down Troye's cheek slowly, more following behind it. Connor stood up and walked over to Troye. He wiped his eyes, getting rid of the tears. He then hugged him tightly.

"I've had a pretty shit day myself," Connor mutters.

"What happened?" He asked, moving his head so that blue met green, although they still held each other in their arms.

"My mom... They found something else from the crash the other day. She had done some sort of bad damage to her brain from the force of the impact of the crash. She went under surgery, but..." He trailed off. Troye gasped, knowing exactly where he was going with that.

"Oh, Connor. I'm so, so sorry," he said, before hugging him tightly.

"She meant so much to me and... and... now she's gone," Connor says quietly, his voice shaking and cracking with emotion.

"I'm sure she's happy up in heaven, and she's watching over you," Troye says, and Connor smiles a bit, but it quickly disappears. "Do you think she'd still love me, even though she's now dead, if I had told her I'm gay?"

Troye nodded. "Of course. She seemed like a really nice person, and I'm sure her only goal in life was to make sure you were happy and comfortable with your decisions. She'd be so proud of you. It takes a lot of courage to come out."

Then silence filled the room.

"Troye?"

"Hmm?"

"How did I get so lucky with you?"

Troye blushed a bit, smiling. "I don't know, since there's nothing special about me to love."

Connor looked Troye dead in the eyes.

"Troye, listen to me. Every single bit and piece of you is special. All of you is special. And I love it all," Connor says, and Troye just looks down. He's always been so self-conscious of himself. "You're beautiful, and always will be. Not only are your looks beautiful, but your personality is beautiful, your smile, your hair, the way you treat people... It's all so beautiful." Connor pressed a short kiss to his lips, pulling away a few seconds later.

Troye grinned widely. "I hate you."

"I hate you too, babe."

Troye giggled. "Wow, okay, so I guess 'I hate you' truly will be our always."

Connor laughed. "Duh. TFIOS is awesome anyways."

"I wrote a song based off of that movie and book once. I was obsessed with The Fault In Our Stars at the time. This was about a year and a half ago. I've always had such a passion for music," Troye says, and Connor smiles.

"Could you sing it? Right now?"

Troye nods, and thinks for a second, before the lyrics come to him. He'd written this song a while ago, and it meant a lot to him. He hadn't sung this for an entire year and a half, but now he was going to attempt it.

"The weight
Of a simple human emotion weighs me down
More than the tank ever did..."

Troye continued to sing his song. And honestly, Connor thought it was beautiful. And he also thought that Troye's singing made him fall in love with him even more.

Once the song was finished, Connor smiled, tears welled in his eyes.

"That was absolutely such a beautiful song."

That wasn't the only reason he was crying, though. That song reminded him so much of his mom - she had loved The Fault In Our Stars when she was alive.

"I'm glad you liked it," Troye said, smiling. "Are those happy tears or-?"

"Happy tears," Connor said, half-lying. "Most definitely happy tears."

A/N: Wow. Just- wow.

Tell me, am I destroying your emotions?