33: surgery

"Yoongi...I think I'm ready to give up on Taehyung..." Jungkook said, catching Yoongi off guard.

Hoseok and Jihyun just left and he didn't want to waste anymore time making his move on Yoongi. Jiwoo was still there, but she had 'fallen asleep' beside Yoongi still holding him.

"T-That's good. What made you decide?" Yoongi asked, shifting a bit.

"I think I might like someone else..." Jungkook slowly inched his hand over Yoongi's as he purposefully stared into his eyes with full intensity.

He slowly licks his lips and Yoongi's mind goes completely blank.

"I see.." Is all Yoongi said before biting his own lip.

Jiwoo almost reached over to smack Jungkook, but she stayed where she was like Taehyung told her to.

"What?!" Jiwoo yelled furious. "You better get in there and control your man Tae!"

"You think I would be in the hospital if I could control him?" Jiwoo rolled her eyes since Taehyung had a point.

"Okay, what's the plan?" Jiwoo asked nervously looking over at Taehyung, then Seungyoo.

"We need you to spy on them to see how far they've got." Seungyoo hits Taehyung in the arm, and he applies pressure to relive the pain.

"Taehyung, no. That's not the point." Seungyoo says seriously. "We wanted to ask if you can lie to Jungkook about how long Yoongi will be in surgery and how long he'll be out. His operation will take approximately two hours, and he'll be asleep for at least another three, if not more.. Just over exaggerate a lot." Seungyoo asked. It wasn't a guarantee their plan would work since Yoongi could wake up at anytime. It was a gamble.

"Jungkook will want to see Yoongi right when he wakes up. He doesn't like to waste time..." Seungyoo pauses having a sudden thought. "Oh my god..."

"What?" Taehyung asked anxiously.

"N-Nothing." Seungyoo shook her head trying to forget the similarities her and Jungkook both had.

"Okay, actually, I can do both," Jiwoo announced. "I can do what Seungyoo says, and I can find out how far they've gone."

"Yes!" Taehyung cheers and Seungyoo sighs because it won't matter when it's over, and it will only stress his heart more to know.

"But how will we get Yoongi to see that Jungkook is fake?" Jiwoo asked.

"Easy, Jungkook's gonna confess everything." Taehyung looks over at Seungyoo and she grimaces.

Yoongi's Doctor and the other surgeons prepped for surgery as Yoongi's friends wished him luck.

"Yoongi, don't die okay?" Jiwoo sobs as she hugs Yoongi one last time.

"Oh for the love of-" Hoseok begins to say, when Jihyun grabs the front of his shirt. "Oh what? You wanna protect your girlfriend?"

"Hoseok!" Jiwoo screamed as she blushed then punched Hoseok in the neck.

Hoseok gasped and backed away holding his neck. Jihyun quickly took Jiwoo's hand, blowing her fist with cool air before leaving a kiss.

"Ewwwww!" Hoseok bitched and moaned watching the scene with his own eyes, and Yoongi smiled almost forgetting about his impending surgery.

Yoongi was soon taken into the operating room, and soon he'll be able to use his voice normally without any pain. He'll be able to laugh and still feel happy after, and scream as loudly as he wanted in stressful situations.

Jungkook and Jiwoo were the last standing in the path of the operating room. Jihyun and Hoseok had left for school after being scolded by Jiwoo.

"How long will it take? Do you know?" Jungkook asks, and Jiwoo mentally screams, because she forgot all about the plan.

"Yes? Oh, uh yes I do." Jiwoo laughs conspicuously. "Seven hours at the most. We should be able to see him an hour after surgery, but..." Jiwoo trailed as she saw Taehyung walking in their direction. "He'll be out for hours after that most likely. Could even be days," Jiwoo says fast.

"O-Okay then.." Jungkook slightly arched his brows in suspicion, but walks anyway anyhow.

Taehyung slows down when he sees Jungkook and swallows, taking a deep breath. Jungkook smiles widely like nothing was wrong.

"So, when were you going to tell me your cousin was back?" Taehyung slyly remarked and Jungkook's expression dropped.

"We're not close."

"So I've heard."

"Look, Taehyung. Whatever lies she told you, forget them." Jungkook says with a straight face, looking directly into Taehyung's eyes. "She's always trying to steal what I have and she's a compulsive liar."

"I, I don't even know what to do with you anymore. Jungkook, I'm so finished with you." Taehyung turns away having enough already. He was sad enough he missed Yoongi before his surgery...

"Wait, Taehyung." Jungkook grabs Taehyung's wrist.

"Ugh, stop touching me! I don't want to see your face right now." He yanks it back then continues to walk, but this time, faster.

Jungkook frowns walking after Tae and hugs him from the back. "Baby.. Don't be like this," Jungkook says resting his head on Taehyung's shoulder.

Taehyung sighs. He somehow manages to push Jungkook off of him again and run away even though he wasn't suppose to.

Jungkook squat down to the floor in defeat, and covered his face as he cried into his arms.