18: lethal dosage

Taehyung waved at the little girl playing around the tree with her brother in the same spot as last time.

He called them over to chat, but they just kept playing and ignored him. They noticed him, Taehyung was sure of that. They smiled at him, almost teasingly, and continued to play.

"They won't come here you know," Jin whispers beside Taehyung. "Because they're afraid of me."

"But why?" Taehyung looked at Jin confused on why they would be scared of a nice guy like Jin.

"Because..they don't want to disappear forever."

Taehyung furrowed his brows, "Huh?"

The trees danced as the light wind blew, and the clouds that once covered the sun, peaked out to smile down onto the world

"They belong with God now," Jin stands to head back to the break room, and Taehyung gazes their way.

Once the sun had shone on their faces, the children disappeared before his eyes.

-

Taehyung was lost in thought. He rung the bell to Jungkook's house to which he answered almost immediately.

"Hey." Jungkook steps aside for Taehyung to come through.

"Hi," Taehyung says taking his shoes off. "Do you mind if we just keep things...PG?"

"13?" Jungkook's sly smile makes Taehyung forget, momentarily, the whole world around him.

"Okay, Kookie," he laughs. "What do you wanna do? Watch a movie?"

Jungkook nods and grabs his wrist leading him down the hall and into his room.

"So this is my Kookie's room.." Taehyung looks around at all the books Jungkook has. "I never see you reading, what the heck?"

Jungkook laughed nervously. Guess he never noticed.

"So what movie do you want to watch? Oh, I know! Let's watch the little mermaid...."

"Okay, I'll get snacks. Set it up?" Taehyung nods at Jungkook's suggestion. He left the room to get snacks and drinks while Taehyung goes through Jungkook's surprisingly clean movie collection, searching for the movie in question.

When he finds it, he smiles, the child in him showing as he sets it in the blu-ray drive of Jungkook's laptop.

'I wonder what's taking Kookie so long,' Taehyung thought as the menu screen came up.

Jungkook was debating if he should do it now, or wait a little. He scrunched his eyes shut trying to remember what the guy told him. 'What's the lethal dosage?' He cursed himself for not remembering.

"Jeon Jungkook!" He heard Taehyung yell from his room getting impatient. Jungkook jumped, not realizing how scared he was. 'Later,' he told himself as he carried junk food and drinks to his room.

Taehyung made himself comfortable on Jungkook's bed and Jungkook sat next to him. "Ooo, real cookies~" Jungkook laughed still somewhat distracted and hands Taehyung the bag of cookies.

-

Halfway through the movie, Taehyung and Jungkook are cuddled up under the covers and Jungkook feels his eyes becoming heavier.

The melody of Taehyung's ringtone started to play and Taehyung paused the movie to answer it.

"Jiwoo?" He says into the phone.

Who the hell is Jiwoo?

"What? Why?! Is he alright?" Jungkook grabs Taehyung's shirt as he yells into the phone. "Yeah, okay, I'll come." He hangs up.

"Jungkook, I have to go somewhere." Taehyung peels the blanket from his body.

"No- I mean, why are you leaving me?" Jungkook questions pulling Taehyung back.

"I just...I just have to." Taehyung frowns looking at how disappointed Jungkook was. He stands up, but Jungkook is determined to keep him from leaving.

"Can we just finish the movie? Please?" Jungkook begs. "There's only forty minutes left..."

Taehyung made a note to himself: find friends for Jungkook.

He sighs. "Fine," 'Yoongi will be fine..' he thought over and over, until he didn't think it mattered anymore. Taehyung grabbed his cup and was about to take a swig when he realized it was already empty.

"I'll get you some more, stay there." Jungkook grabbed the cup from his hand and ran into the kitchen to pour Taehyung some more cola. 'Okay, now it's time.'

He looks around quickly before pulling a few purple pills from him pocket and blowing them off. Remembering the lethal dosage was actually two, he drops one into Taehyung's drink, but accidentally lets another fall in after.

"Damn it." Jungkook covers his mouth... 'He won't drink the whole thing anyway,' he thought carelessly.

As soon as they dissolved, he practically ran back to his room and burst through the door, startling the older. "Here." With a shaky hand, he handed Taehyung his drink.

"Thanks." Taehyung took huge gulps of it immediately after, and Jungkook started sweating.

"Uh, let's finish the movie!" He snatches the drink away, setting it on the nightstand.

"Oh kay."

____________________
prepare