Innocent Mute (OHSHC Love Story) Chapter 33

Lucy/Suzu's P.O.V.

Despite having a very rough stressful night; when I finally managed to fall back to sleep; it was such a deep restful slumber. My eyes fluttered open every few hours, glancing at my alarm clock, though never fully acknowledging the time.

Then it clicked.

Sitting up, immediately I noticed the afternoon sun peeking through our curtains.

Then, I followed that up with the missing sister from my bed.

Did they forget to wake me up?!

As much as I want to run; I kept my movements slow as I speed walked to Kyouya's room and knocked on the closed door.

"Come in!" his voice called.

Opening it up, my heart fluttered without a warning as I spotted him.

He sat at a desk, working diligently on his laptop while somehow still maintaining this laid back look and aura to himself. His white button up was unbuttoned low enough for me to see a sneak peek of his exposed flesh, his jeans not making it any easier for me to stay on task.

He looks so good, even just in jeans...

"Umm... did you purposely not wake me up...?" I asked, voice hoarse from sleep.

His head snapped up, eyes resting on me, awkwardly standing in his doorway.

Then he smiled; I think my heart just dropped into my tummy.

"Yes, your sister thought best you stay home after last night, so I decided to take a personal day as well and keep you company. I wanted to let you sleep in, though I didn't think you'd sleep in as late as you did." He chuckled softly.

I blinked; it can't be that late.

"What time is it...?"

He glanced at the thin watch he wore on his wrist.

"Two o'clock. You obviously needed the rest though; I had some things to take care of anyways. Are you hungry?"

I almost couldn't open my mouth to reply; he's being so warm and welcoming. Not that he isn't a sweet person; it just hasn't been this easily portrayed by him before.

"O-Oh well, I suppose maybe a bit." I stammered.

He blinked and stood suddenly; going over to his closet and pulling out a long sleeved pale blue button up. I watched, raising an eyebrow when he approached me with it.

Then he opened it for me to put it on.

"You must be cold only wearing that tank top; here, put this on and we can head downstairs for a late breakfast."

I think I'm going to melt.

He held it up for me to slip my hands in, rubbing my arms to warm them up before starting towards the door.

When he noticed me still standing like an idiot in the middle of his room, he turned around, the question evident in his dark eyes.

"Is something the matter?"

I looked down; it's so hard to just outright say it.

My fingers unconsciously reached up to touch my bandaged chest; it's just so obnoxious and awkward.

"They're going to stare at me..." I mumbled.

I shouldn't be acting like such a child about this, but I can't help that I stammer up; I'm ashamed. I did this to myself, amidst some sort of nightmare/ panic attack mixture.