Chapter 21: Father Dearest

Lydia's POV:

"Daddy!?"

The man's head came up and turned to look at me. He gasped and his mouth hung open. "Why aren't you in your room!?"

"That's what you're gasping about?! What happened to Mom?!"

"Mom?"

I walked up to him and the people in the room started trailing out quietly to leave us alone. "So you know?"

I nodded and suddenly Dad grabbed my hand and pulled it up to my face. Tears filled his eyes as he looked at the ring that Mom gave me to wear to my ceremony. "Why are you wearing her wedding ring?"

"She gave it to me..."

"That's it. We're going home." he grabbed my hand and was starting to drag me outside when Kaleb, Aiden, Bryce and Kenna burst into the throne room.

"Lydia!"

"Who are these people Lydia?!"

"My friends!" I tugged my hand away from him and walked over to everyone. "This is Kaleb... yeah. This is Aiden. We rescued him from weird swamp people... yeah...this is his friend Bryce and this is... Kenna."

"Who are their parents? Do I know them?"

"Dad! These aren't kids from Earth! You can't do that. Kaleb is a prince. Kenna is a princess. I'm a freaking Queen! Bryce and Aiden came here by accident but have powers!"

"You know about that too?"

"It's hard not to! Aiden has this weird purple light crap. We haven't found out Bryce's yet. Kenna and Kaleb... were they're harder to explain."

"Why?"

"Well... you're married to Mom right?"

Dad scoffed. "Yes Lydia. Like you kids say, Duh."

"Well then that makes you the Ice King... and that means you hate the Fire Queen..."

"Yes... where are you taking this conversation Lydia?"

"Kaleb is the Fire Queen's son and Viviana is too but she died because of Jordan and she tried to marry Kaleb but I stopped her from drugging Kaleb again and we got trapped in the Fire Catacombs and we met Kenna and she could jump between times and she also had the sight and she gave half of her sight to Aiden and then we found out that a Chimera was in the catacombs and we escaped and we found out that Kenna is Queen Sophia's daughter so the Princess of the Dead and Monsters and she and Aiden have a fae friend named Shaylee. Dad wave to Shaylee."

Dad's eyes widened in shock. "Excuse me young lady?!"

"I'm sorry Daddy..."

Kaleb walked up beside me and the rest of my friends followed. "Hello Lydia's dad." Kaleb waved.

"I am your King! You are in my castle! You will address me by my title!"

"Why? Lydia doesn't like the title and she's the freaking Queen. I guess we got use to not saying Your Highness and all that crap." Aiden crossed his arms and glared at my Dad... they didn't like him very much.

"How dare you!? How can you let him say that about our royal line Lydia?! Who do you think you are Aiden?!"

"Second In Command."

"Ha. Very funny."

"He's not joking Dad... I made him my Second in Command before I left to rescue Kaleb from his crazy fiance."

Dad flashed his flaming eyes at me. "What?!"

He never acted like this in the real world. He was always calm and happy but in here he acted like a mad King that wanted power and take over the world and everyone had to listen to him or they would get hit by electricity.

"Dad. Chill. I trust them all. They're my best friends!"

"How can you possibly trust them?! One of them is the Princess of the Dead, another is the son of our worst enemy and the rest are... I don't know... weird!"

"Dad! Calm down!"

"Leave all of you! Now!"

"Dad... I'm the Queen now. You have no power here... you should leave now..."

I looked away so I wouldn't have to see his glaring eyes and then he stormed out of the room. "Your mother would be ashamed." he whispered harshly to me before he left.

I glared at his back until the door slammed shut behind me and then I collapsed to the ground in sobs. Kenna sat down next to me and rubbed my back as Aiden gave me a handkerchief and Bryce helped me up so we could go back to my room.

When we got there I noticed that Kaleb wasn't around. "Where's Kaleb?" I coughed out. Bryce glanced at Aiden and shrugged then darted out of the room.

"Hey Lydia. It's okay..." Kenna whispered and I felt something touch my hand softly... something that wasn't there.

"Shaylee says she's sorry that you're crying."

I laughed. "It's not her fault though."

"She still says sorry."

I smiled a little and nodded towards the warmth on my finger. "Thank you for apologizing but don't say sorry unless you did it... you didn't. Believe me."

Just then Bryce sprinted into my room with Kaleb next to him. "Lydia! Jordan is here! And she has an army!"

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. Don't forget to vote!