Chapter 4: The Ceremony

A/N: Hey Guys! Don't forget to VOTE!!!! Also this is a pic of Lydia's hair for the ceremony!

:D BYE

Chapter 4:

Kaleb's POV:

I sighed and looked across the table at the beautiful girl covered in gold and makeup... Jordan. "Sweetie? What's wrong? I can hear you sigh from all the way across the table!"

I sighed again. Softer this time.

"No reason... Honey. I'm just tired." Before Viviana left my room she reminded me that if I showed Jordan that I was fully awake then she would make me regret it.

Wow. Love you too Sis.

Jordan suddenly stood up and marched over to me. She pulled my hair back and glared at me. "Did... did the spell not work?!"

"S-spell Sweetie? I don't know what you mean!" I jerked my head forward so she would let go but she gripped it harder while screaming Viviana's name.

Viviana rushed into the dining room. "Yes Ma'am- I mean Jordan?" Jordan looked at me and glared into my eyes. "Put him in the Dungeon and beat the truth out of him..."

She leaned in close to me. Viviana shifted on her feet. "And what is the truth?"

"If the spell really worked!" Then she hit me in the face and everything went black.

Lydia POV:

"Come out here and show us!" I heard Aiden from outside my room. I laughed and quickly pinned up a hair that fell from my beautiful... fishtail braid. There were flowers and it was... just beautiful. My dress was icy blue and was light.

I threw open the doors and Bryce and Aiden started clapping. I twirled in a circle and then curtsied.

"It looks awesome! If only Kaleb was her-" Aiden stopped and suddenly I got a sick feeling in my stomach. I stepped backwards back into my room and slammed the doors in their faces.

"Lydia?" Bryce called out. I took quick shallow breaths and my vision got blurry. I fell to the ground and hugged my knees. I heard banging on the door and them calling my name and then telling a servant to tell them I might be late.

"Lydia?" Aiden called out. "I'm sorry that I mentioned Kaleb. You must feel awful about having fun while he's probably being tortured as we speak."

I heard a slap and Aiden whispering, "What?! It's true!"

Bryce stepped up. "What he meant was... you have a ceremony to get to and your people are waiting for you to step up to the throne. You have to do this for your mother, for Kaleb, for everyone."

I smiled. He was right. I can't stop the ceremony because I'm nervous and sad. I had to do this for a number of people. I can't stop it.

I stood up, brushed myself off and swung the doors open. "Let's do this." Aiden cheered and Bryce patted himself on the back.

I was still kind of angry at Aiden for making me sad in the first place so I stuck one of my bare feet out and handed him a glass shoe. "Put them on Puny Mortal. Your Queen must go to her ceremony with shoes on."

A servant actually stopped to do it instead but I waved him away and pointed at Aiden.

Aiden glared at me but bent down and slipped the cold shoe on my foot. "Thanks." I said and started walking to the throne room.

I took the short cut "backstage" and Aiden and Bryce followed. "Princess!" Someone called out and a servant ran up to me holding something in his hand.