Chapter 10: The Strange Girl

Lydia's POV:

I gasped slightly when I saw Viviana's bloody body dangling from a tall pole in front of us. Aiden looked sick a little but he's been seeing a lot of dead bodies lately.

"What... what happened?" I whispered.

"She couldn't be trusted. She broke my trust with her. Punishment was death. Easy enough." I turned and glared at Jordan who was filing her nail causally as she stood underneath her best friend's dead body.

"You're here for Kaleb right? Give up. You won't find him and if you did you couldn't turn him to your side. He's mine."

"I totally doubt that." I growled.

"Fine... do it my way then? Guards!" She screamed and a bunch of really strong men grabbed us and started dragging us into the castle and down the hall.

Servants looked away when they saw us but other than that there were no one else there... except maybe Kaleb.

I closed my eyes and screamed as loud as I could. Then someone smacked me and I blacked out.

Kaleb's POV:

I looked around to where the sound was coming from then quickly stood up. I opened my door slowly and looked outside. No one was there... except for something was glistening on the floor.

An earring? I bent down and picked it up. It was sorta bloody like it was pulled or yanked out and the crystal was slowly losing it's shine but I could tell whose it was... I saw it in my dream... the girl was wearing it... was she here?

I stood back up and ran down the hall quietly. There was a drop of blood every now and then and I followed it to the dungeon entrance.

Then I heard another voice... Jordan laughing? I slipped into the dungeon and then closed it behind me.

"The great and brave Princess Lydia is here to save the day?! How about not!"

Then there was a guy voice. "Try Queen Lydia!"

Jordan laughed then stopped. "You're not kidding... well that makes everything sooo much better."

"Now Kaleb loves me now Honey. He doesn't even remember your beautiful heroic times together and he'll never love you the way he loves me ever again."

I heard a cough and a girl say, "Yeah he'll never love me the way he loves you because the love he has for you is as fake as that hair you're wearing."

Jordan gasped and I heard a sickening slap. "No Deary. Kaleb loves me so much that we're going to get married in a day or so. Did Kaleb ever ask you to marry him? I didn't think so!"

I heard the angry clicking of Jordan's heels as she paced back and forth. "Why do you always ruin everything?! First your mom steals him then you take him and then you take my arms! You take everything!"

I heard the sound of a dagger or sword being drawn out. "Now... it's nice to know you and all that... and I know I've done some sorta bad things... so I'll see you in Hell!"

I rushed out then. "Stop Jordan!"

The girl was kneeling with her face towards the ground, her arms pulled up because of chains. The same went to the guy who was kneeling next to her glaring at Jordan.

He had the same blonde hair as the guy in my dream. At first I wondered, "Why don't they just escape with magic?"

But then I saw it. A circle of magic around them that kept them from using their powers. Jordan spun around, her eyes wide.

"Kaleb?! What are you doing up!?"

"I heard a scream. What are you doing Jordan?!"

The girl's face swung up when she heard my voice and her eyes just stared into my soul. "K... kaleb?" She whispered and Jordan turned and kicked her in the stomach. She gagged and stopped talking.

"Jordan! Stop!"

"You don't understand Kaleb! She's done so many things to destroy us! She's evil!"

"No... she's just been trying to protect you from me... I remember memories of my past... a past that I don't actually remember. A storm, darkness, lightning, screams, shouts... but laughter too and a voice... her voice... who is she Jordan? Tell me now!"

Jordan drooped like a dead flower. "I'm sorry Kaleb! You don't understand what I have to do to keep this girl dead and keep her away from us! We're getting married ina 2 days for goodness sake! Please cut me some slack! You love me more than her!"

"I don't know who or what love is anymore," I whispered, "But I know one thing for certain..."

Jordan looked at me with hopeful eyes and the girl looked away sadly. "I don't love you."

I stand in front of the girl like a shield from Jordan. Jordan gasped and her eyes lit up with fire. "We are married and you chose her!?"

I nodded. "We're not married and yes. I choose this girl over you."

I turn to see the girl had wide eyes and tears streaming down her face. I winked at her and she smiled. I smiled back then burned the chains off of the girl and the guy.

"How did he do that?! There's a spell! How?!" Jordan shrieked.

The girl stood up and twisted her wrists around. "Gee... thanks Kaleb."

I noded and then I blew a flame of fire at Jordan and she ran away with a few guards.

The rest of the guards standing there attacked but I swiftly broke their weapons and made then collapse to the ground.

Then I dragged the girl and boy out of the cell and suddenly they could use their magic again. Guards stormed towards in two directions.

The two people automatically went back to back and the hall flashed with purple lightning and the air felt cold and frozen. They worked as a team and moved like the waves of a shore.

They every now and then turned around in a half circle then attacked different people. The girl kicked some guy in the head then stabbed down with a strange ice dagger then twirled and stabbed another.

The guy stepped forwards and shot long beams of purple energy out of his hands, frying the guards in front of him.

I stared at them in amazement but I could tell they felt it was awkward that I didn't join in and fight with them.

I just didn't know what to do.

I was being attacked by my own family and guards...

to save people I didn't know...

and protect someone I didn't love... I didn't love her right?