Chapter 7: Leaving

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! Enjoy! :D

Chapter 7: Leaving

Aiden's POV:

My eyes narrowed as I leaned against the wall in Lydia's room. "She just... called you up to tell you Kaleb is in the Fire Palace? Just like that?"

Lydia limped weakly around the room gathering her stuff. "Yes! Now pack your stuff we're leaving!"

"I mean... isn't Viviana Jordan's best friend? She could be lying."

"And Kaleb is also her brother! She might want to help him! Now are you helping me and coming with or not?! Because we will leave you here!" She flashed her eyes at me and I put my hands in the air.

"Okay okay okay! I'm going with... I just don't trust this Viv-"

She stormed up to me and put her whole hand on my face. "Don't say anything and get out of my room or I swear I will have you kicked out of the kingdom and you will die out there so just shush and leave now. We're meeting in the throne room in 30 minutes so go now!"

Her eyes were like sunken holes of worry and anger. She wanted to believe so much that Kaleb was at the Fire Palace and Viviana was on our side and helping us... but I still didn't trust this Viviana girl... but I left the room anyway but even from a few rooms down I heard Lydia's loud sobs as something crashed in her room.

I took off running before she came out here to throw something at me.

Lydia's POV:

I stared angrily at the broken ice lamp shattered on my floor. No servants had burst in screaming for guards yet so I guess no one heard. I wiped the blood on my bed sheets. I must have gotten cut. I don't remember.

Mostly just seeing Aiden blabber on and on about how you shouldn't trust Viviana then I just snapped. It had to be true. Viviana didn't have a good reason to bring me to the palace if she was still on Jordan's side... right?

I kicked some of the larger shards under my bed and then wobbled to my window. There was a small breeze blowing through the window because it was cracked open a little.

"Where are you Kaleb?" I whispered. Once again I tried to use my light power but no matter how much I tried nothing happened. Not even a flicker. It was almost like I never had the power but I definitely felt it. It felt like a giant amount of energy was chainsawed out of me.

I stumbled to my bed and face planted in it. "What do I do?" I mumbled. There was a knock on my door and I looked up quickly.

"Who is it?" I called out.

"Me... oh. It's Aiden..."

I sighed but let him in anyway.

"Hey Lydia... I'm sorry about before. I just..."

"Yeah. I know what you just blah! Viviana may or may not be good but she might be right. Kaleb might be at the Fire Palace. With Jordan. We can't let that happen. We have to rescue him and quickly."

Aiden nodded and waved a little. "Gotta go pack. See you in 25 minutes!"

I waved back then slammed the door shut.

... 25 minutes later ...

I slung the backpack over my shoulder and walked out into the hallway then down it to go to the throne room.

"Please sir. That's where the Queen and King sits. Please get off."

"Get off what?" I said as I stepped in and the servant inside gasped.

"I'm sorry Your Highness. They wouldn't get off your throne." He bowed and nodded towards where Aiden was lounging in my throne.

Bryce was nervously looking between us to see if I would explode at Aiden but i shrugged. "He is the Second in Command and we're best friends. If I am not using the chair then he can use it."

The servant nodded, bowed again, then rushed out of the room. I shook my head at Aiden. "You should be happy that I'm the Queen now and not my mom. She would have frozen you into a statue then threw you off the palace roof so you shatter on the ground below."

Aiden's eyes widened. "You're kidding right?"

I shook my head and walked up to them. "You ready?"

Aiden nodded and I looked at Bryce. "You sure you want to stay?"

About 10 minutes ago he came to my room saying that he didn't want to come mostly because he thought he was useless. I was fine about that but I didn't want to seem mean that I was so okay with it.

He nodded and then smiled. "Hey now I can watch over the kingdom while you're gone."

I shrugged. "Okay. Let's go Aiden. Keep a close watch on my kingdom. They're all troublemakers. Every single one of them."

Bryce waved goodbye and we left the castle on our way to the Fire Palace.