Chapter 15: Chimera

A/N: The Chimera

Chapter 15: Chimera

Lydia's POV:

I yanked as hard as I could when Kenna screamed at me to and suddenly a person was pulled through the wall. Kaleb?!

But I pulled to hard and fell backwards and Kaleb crushed me on the ground.

"Get off me you slug! You're so heavy!"

I tried to push him off but he just laid there staring at me. "L-lydia?!"

"I know. It's weird. Girl helped me get you out of stupid time cover thing. Get off now!"

He got off me while I stood up and Aiden burst out laughing at how awkward we all looked. "Dude... you looked so shocked that it worked you were all like-" he made the most ugliest face ever.

I pushed him and he stumbled back but kept laughing.

"Shut up Aiden. No one likes you."

I crossed my arms and glared at him. "Except you." Aiden purred then touched my hair.

He didn't do much after that because Kaleb came up and punched him in the face so hard he fell backwards and onto the floor.

"Don't." he growled but Aiden just laughed again.

"I knew it! He still loves you! He's so protective it's cute!" he blinked his huge eyes and made a heart around us with his fingers.

Kenna was nodding and smiling next to Aiden.

Then she stopped and stared at something behind us. "What is it Kenna?"

"It's here!"

She turned and took off running. The ground was shaking underneath us and rocks were falling from the tall walls around us.

"Run quickly! It's right behind you!"

At the comment we took running with Kenna from whatever was behind us. "What is it?!" I screamed and Kenna flashed me her terrified eyes.

"The Queen's favorite pet! The Chimera!"

I scoffed but quickly looked behind me. "I thought that was a myth! It's not real!" I screamed over the sudden loud stomping from behind us.

"Duck!" Kenna screamed and we all bent down but nothing happened except a painful burning sensation on my back.

"Ow!" I screamed and Kenna took off running again. "What was that?!"

"Chimera's can breath fire!"

We ducked into a corner and Kenna relaxed. "Here."

She put 2 fingers on Aiden's head and closed her eyes.

"Beware of this power."

Aiden stared at her until she exploded into a bright light. Every vein in her body glowed and the glow reached her fingertips on Aiden's forehead. Then his eyes glowed the same blue glow and he gasped.

The glow then disappeared and Aiden blinked a few times. "What?"

"Now you can see what I see." Kenna whispered then her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she collapsed in Aiden's arms and passed out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kenna's POV:

I don't ever remembering in my life feeling so weak and helpless. Giving Aiden that power was like giving half of my soul to him.

Yes... that power actually was my soul. Half of me is, weirdly, in him.

Yes he can also see what I see but that also means that if he got hurt I got hurt which is annoying since it wasn't the other way around too.

I remember dreaming about light and someone was there in the distance screaming my name.

I walked slowly towards the person until I was face to face. "Hello." the person said and then I woke up gasping for air and bashed heads with Aiden.

"Ow! Jeez! That hurt!" he shouted and I put my hand over his mouth.

"Loud noises attract the Chimera idiot!" I hissed and then slowly got up but stumbled. Aiden grabbed my arm but I pulled away and ran into Lydia. "Whoa. Stop moving so much Kenna. You're going to pass out again."

"I'm fine." I mumbled but my brain hurt so much and my brain was doing backflips in my head and I saw dots in front of me.

"No Kenna you're not and you know your way around this place so you can't die or we will die."

I smiled at Lydia. "You only put up with me because of that?"

She nodded. "I love friends who tell the truth." I said and turned back to Aiden. "Sorry I pushed you. I'm not use to people yet... only monsters really."

Aiden nodded at little then looked away. "I have to go for just one second. I'll be right back." I muttered then stumbled around the corner.

No one followed me so I stood up straight and whistled softly but that was all it took. A huge creature with three heads bounded up to me.

One head was a fearsome black goat, the other was an angry lion, and the last one was a green dragon. It had wings coming out of it's back and had huge claws. But I giggled when I saw it. The Chimera. My time here was long with no friends... so I made my own friends with the monsters.

"I'm sorry boy but you have to chase us again okay?!"

They all nodded and panted with excitement at the new game they had. "Okay. Go!"

I turned and ran back to Lydia and the rest. "The Chimera! It's back! Run!" I took off running and they followed but no one saw the giant grin on my face as I ran.