Chapter 13: Seperated

Chapter 13: Separated

Lydia's POV:

I stared at Aiden in shock as he stormed away from Kaleb. I was still draped in his arms and I was now squirming to get out.

After about 5 minutes of walking away from Kaleb he dropped me and glared behind us in the mist. I couldn't see Kaleb but I hoped he was alright.

"I can't believe he got you hurt!" Aiden growled.

I laughed. "No he didn't. Just all of a sudden my wings just disappeared and I fell that's all!"

"No... he wanted to yell at me for becoming such a good friend for you so he made you go away! And you almost got squashed by gravity!"

Lydia hesitated. "He probably didn't know that was going to happen..."

"Then where is he?! Why didn't he caught you?! Why isn't he here now begging for your forgiveness!? Wait... where is he actually?"

Lydia's eyes widened. "If he was even walking he should have caught up by now..."

She turned and ran back down the hallway screaming Kaleb's name over and over again and I followed close behind her.

We ran and ran until I saw a shard of ice lying on the ground. "Wait isn't this your weird ice feather or something?" I said and picked it up and handed it to her.

"Yeah... you're right... this is the place I fell... where is Kaleb then?"

We looked around the silent empty halls and there were no other halls in this direction... so where did Kaleb go?

Kaleb's POV:

I franticly looked around screaming Lydia and Aiden's name. "Lydia! Aiden! For God's sake! Where are you?!"

No one answered... did Lydia hate me so much too that she ran away with Aiden?! Does she really love him more than me?! What did I do?!

Well you know... I did do like all of those things before... and I've been kinda agitated but would she really run away from me because of that?

I continued running through the halls looking for Lydia mostly. "Please! Where are you?!"

"Who are you looking for?" I heard a voice from behind me and I turned to see a girl with brown hair and shining brown eyes not that far away from me. How long had she been there?

"My... friends. Yeah... my friends."

The girl narrowed her eyes. "Okay then. I can help. I don't have anything else to do I guess." She ran up to me and my eyebrow raised.

She didn't look like anyone from this world. She was wearing leggings and a jacket and tennis shoes. She had her hair in a ponytail and she was smiling a little.

"Who are you?" I asked and she looked at me.

"I don't know... I forgot it a long time ago... but when I forget that means I can change it. Kenna. My name is Kenna I guess."

"Kaleb... yeah..."

"Who are these friends you're looking for?"

"Just friends."

"You're lying, aren't you?"

I sighed and looked away. "Um... one of them is my... girlfriend?"

"You say that like a question... why?"

"I don't think she trusts me like she did before... this happened."

"What is this?"

"Everything I guess."

"Love is strong. It can't be broken by just anything. Lydia still cares for you."

"Yeah... wait how did you know her name is Lydia? I didn't tell you!"

"I have to go Kaleb. Bye!"

She stopped walking and I turned to see why she did but she was gone. Totally gone. Like dust in the wind.

Lydia's POV:

"Kenna! Where did you go?!" I screamed but then Kenna stepped out of the shadows. "I had to go talk to someone." She smiled happily and I had to smile back.

"Who? There's no one else here."

"Oh there is... you just can't see that said person..."

I shrugged and continued walking with Kenna next to me. Aiden was leading the way and letting us talk behind him.

"You don't know how good it is to have a girl in the group." I laughed but Kenna looked at me.

"What?"

She shook her head. "Nothing. I just understand why he loves you." I looked at her questioningly but she laughed and we dropped the subject.