Chapter 3: Ice Queen

A/N: Don't forget to vote!

Chapter 3: Ice Queen

Lydia's POV:

I pushed the doors open with a slam ignoring the screams from the guards saying that I need to  tell them who I am.

I shouted to a maid, "Where is my mom?! Tell me now!" The maid whimpered for a second then pointed to a door. I stormed towards the door with Aiden and Bryce following me.

I shoved the doors open and growled. "Where is she?!" I shouted. Then I stormed around some more until someone came and saw me.

"L-Lydia? Princess Lydia?! She's back! The Princess is back!" He shouted out of the door then more people shouted it then more and more until the whole castle knew it in like 3 seconds.

Wow people here loved to gossip don't you think?

I rolled my eyes and glared at the... guy. "So... where is she?!" I snapped at him. He whimpered and pointed to a door that was open just a crack.

"L-Lydia?" A voice hoarsely called out. "Mom?!" I pushed past everyone and ran to the room while Aiden and Bryce awkwardly followed.

I pushed the door open with a giant gust of wind and ran through. Yes... something was very wrong with my mom. She was inside of a freezer like room. It must have been at least -60 degrees. Not that cold to me. My breath came out in little puffs but I didn't feel anything.

Aiden and Bryce on the other hand... kinda could. Aiden turned blue and Bryce couldn't stop shaking. I sighed and walked over to them shaking my head.

"If you want to be friends with the Ice Princess you have to learn how to deal with the cold." I touched both their foreheads and warmth spread over them. Aiden turned back to the normal color and Bryce calmed down a bit.

"No... not Ice Princess. Ice Queen." My mother croaked from the bed. Done with saving my friends from hypothermia I ran to  my mom and held her hand.

I quickly dropped it. It was like touching wet warm snow if you know what I mean. Usually she's cold and firm but today she was like Olaf from Frozen when he was standing by the fire place. 

"What's wrong Mother?! What do you mean Ice Queen?!" I shouted with tears suddenly in my eyes when I finally got what she meant. 

She touched my hair and smiled. "You've grown up so fast. I remember the first time I saw you. Ugliest thing in my life... but who would have known that that ugly wrinkly creature would turn out to be the most beautiful creature in the galaxy."

I choked back a sob and smiled at my mom. I didn't know if I should be angry at her for calling me ugly or happy that she called me beautiful but since she was dying I chose to smile at her. 

"Thanks?" I said through tears. Mother laughed but she choked on something and started coughing and coughing. I held her a glass of water that was by her bed and a handkerchief.

She nodded at me signaling thanks but she couldn't stop coughing. She put the handkerchief in front of her mouth and started coughing more harshly now and I could see through it that she was coughing blood!

"Mom? Please! You can't die!" 

My mom laughed. "Oh I won't die. Not now! But I can't rule and that's what I'm meant for. So I'm useless. But you aren't. You are the next in line. You must rule. Become the next Ice Queen! Become the next Coarlie... well don't be exactly like me or people won't realize I'm gone!"

She laughed again but I barely smiled. "Why is this funny to you? You're slowly dying! Painfully too!" Mom sighed. "Lydia... Honey. Everyone is slow dying. Just some people make it more noticeable when they are."

I shook my head. "That's not funny either! Like my whole time I was here you were distance and cold and unfriendly and now you're over here dying and all of a sudden you think it's okay to crack jokes and be... warm."

I sighed. "I'm going to have to do this huh." My mom nodded. "But if Kaleb gets married to Jordan then that means he will lose his memories and become the King of the Capitol... and I'll be his greatest enemy... The Ice Queen."

"KALEB GETTING MARRIED TO THAT BRAT!? KING OF THE CAPITOL?! LYDIA WE HAVE TO DO THE CEREMONY SO YOU CAN BREAK THIS WEDDING UP!" My mom started screaming.

"Whoa Mom calm down. If I have to do this then that was what I was planning to do!" Mom relaxed a little. "Well, then go with your little guy friends so you can get ready for the ceremony!"

"Whateves Mom." My mom scoffed. "Don't whateves me!" I laughed and walked away with Aiden and Bryce weirdly following me. 

Aiden's POV: 

After watching that weird drama TV show in real life happen in front of me, I really wanted some popcorn. 

Thank god your friend is a pri-Queen! Whoa. Queen Lydia... nah don't like the ring to it. 

So like all I had to do was go up to someone and ask for popcorn. They looked at me weirdly then hurried away. That was awesome.

So I was following Lydia back to her room with Bryce and she turned around suddenly. "Okay not to freak you out but... after the ceremony it's going to get very hard out there... and I just can't bring you."

I snorted out a laugh. "Umm... yeah about that. No way! A chance to see Kaleb's wedding with some freaky girl with metal arms because of you-" I say Lydia glare at me. "And seeing him not marry Jordan...yeah that's cool too but the point is... I'm going with you."

Bryce in this whole time was still shocked about this. But he woke up from his trance and said, "Me too! You can train me too! I might have a power!"

I sighed and smiled at Lydia. "Hey Kaleb is a jerk who keeps forgetting who he is and marrying creepy girls. Hey that's him. He likes you so that thought continued." Another glare. "Okay okay let's start this over again."

I looked Lydia in the eye. "We're gonna help beat the crap out of this ugly freaking couple." Lydia looked at me. "Why are we beating up Kaleb?" 

I paused. "Um..." 

Lydia laughed. "Jk jk. Thanks for trying to cheer me up when you know my mom is dying and I have to become Queen and then I have to stop my boyfriends wedding..."

"Sorry?" I said but it sounded more like a question to me.

"Let's go guy..." Lydia sighed. "Let's get this over with."