Chapter 8: Trapped

A/N: Jordan's Dress <3 sorry for the short chapter. i swear the next one will be longer. you can quote me on that ;D

Chapter 8: Trapped

Lydia's POV:

The trip through the forest took way longer than it did when we were coming to the Ice Palace. Yes the trees were still boring and huge and blocked out the sun but I was trudging about 3 yards behind Aiden and he kept screaming at me to hurry up.

It wasn't my fault! It was Kaleb's. Yes blame him. All his fault.

I was so worried about him that I could barely walk so he's the one who made me this tired and all that other crap.

We had left around 3:00ish and by now the sun was sinking down in the sky. "Lydia if you want to get there before we all die and become skeletons then you should pick up your pace."

I glared at Aiden but he was right. We were going nowhere. It's been at least 3 hours at least and I could still feel the cold wind of the storm around the ice castle on my skin.

I jogged up to him then returned to my normal trudging pace.

Aiden shook his head and continued walking and every step we took got us closer to the Fire Palace ... and Kaleb.

Kaleb's POV:

I panted softly as I sprinted down the long and dark halls of the dungeon. Heavy footsteps and shouts of orders echoed around me as I ran.

I could barely see but I couldn't risk making a flame because someone might see. I tried to make my footsteps as light as I possibly could but I couldn't run and be quiet at the sametime.

Every now and then I would slip into a cell to hide from the constant guards and servants that walked these halls.

And in one of those rooms was where I found an exit.

I had backed into a room too quickly and had staggered back tripping on a ledge of sort... no it was a staircase leading up to ground level. My escape.

I quickly tiptoed up the stairs and then looked around. No guards were up here looking for me... yet.

I heard this quiet beeping sound somewhere in the distance and I groaned. That was the sound that the gates made when the guards signaled it to be closed.

I was trapped inside of the castle until I could get through those gates.

And that was I heard it.

That annoying clicking sound that become so sadly familiar. The clicking of high heels on smooth stone floor.

The only girl in this whole castle who wore high heels was... Jordan. "Oh look at that... Kaleb. Now what are you doing here?"

I felt a hand grab my shoulder and I was turned around to face a very angry Jordan. I couldn't tell if she was wearing high heels because of how poofy and long her red dress was but she was definitely about 2 inches taller than the last time I saw her.

She scowled at me and crossed her arms.

"That stupid Viviana. She let you free didn't she?"

I shook my head. "No. I escaped by myself. She was trying everything to capture me again."

"I guess I did instead and I don't have an army that she was using to find you."

I shrugged and Jordan narrowed her eyes. "Now... we can't have you running off again."

She swiftly kicked me in the leg and I crumbled to the ground.

Yep. Definitely wearing high heels that were sharpened in the blacksmith's cabin! A bolt of pain shot through my leg and I felt the blood started trickling down my leg. Who made those freaking shoes?!

Jordan bent down so we were eye level. "Now... eat this."

She popped a pill in my mouth and then stuffed it down my throat. I choked and gagged but it soon fell down my throat and my vision got blurry and it felt like the world was tipped upside down.

Then I blinked a few times and I looked up at Jordan. "Hey."

"Hi Kaleb. It's dinner time. Get up off the ground."

I obediently stood up and dusted off my wrinkled and bloody suit I was wearing before I was dragged to the dungeon. "Let's go."

She slid her arm into my mine and we walked down the hall together.