Chapter 18: Two Sides

Kenna's POV:

I knew in my heart that I was betraying my only friend for the past 6 to 7 years but I had to save my new ones...

Chim would be heartbroken... and might even kill us... but I had to try... we had to get out of here alive.

I looked up at Aiden's face as he walked steadily in the direction I had just pointed to. "Now what?" he asked and I looked in front of us.

"Left then take a right..."

"You seem nervous. What's the matter?"

I looked behind us where Lydia and Kaleb were quietly walking there a few yards away. "Nothing... I just feel like I'm betraying someone."

"Not us right?"

I shook my head. "No... it's someone else..."

He shrugged and continued walking and turned right when I put up my hand up. "Wait."

"Put me down." I whispered.

"No! Are you crazy?! It might be broken!"

"Just do it!" I hissed. Then I whispered in his ear, "There is a door just a few feet away. It will open with the words, Op idus el derha menja. Remember those words or it will not open. Please. Now put me down or we all die... and whatever you see next... don't get mad."

He hesitantly put me down and I cringed in pain but motioned for him to keep walking but he kept a close eye on me.

"Hey Chim... sorry that the game didn't go as planned..."

There was a small growl from the shadows that was so deep that it shook the floor making me stumble and cry out in pain.

I gasped in utter pain but I couldn't run or do anything but stand here and pray that Aiden and the others at least make it away.

"I'm sorry Chim... but if you let them go I'll stay with you forever and ever. I'll never leave you alone ever again."

Chim grunted and I nodded. "Whatever you wish. Just let them go."

I shakily placed my two hands together and sadly whispered, "Tru Froma Cali Mah Gu."

My body started glowing and shining brightly. I heard Aiden stumble to read the words I spoke to him while staring at me but he got them right the first time and the gates opened into the bright outside light.

Lydia and Kaleb ran out as fast as they could but Aiden stood there. "I'm not leaving without you."

"You don't want to know what I really am Aiden."

"I don't care."

"Chim will kill us all!"

"I don't care." Aiden replied with his arms crossed.

"We will all be killed and eaten!"

"So?"

"I hate you."

"Well I love me!"

I rolled my eyes and turned around to see Chimera's faces right next to mine. He growled and I dodged just in time for a fireball to fly over my head and blast into the door.

"Come on!" Aiden screamed and I limped towards him and he dragged me out of the catacombs and into the light and the doors slammed shut behind us.

Aiden helped me onto the ground so I didn't have to use my leg. Kaleb and Lydia stood next to me. "You said that I didn't want to know what you really are... what are you?"

"More like who am I..."

"Okay... who are you?"

"Kaleb... you are the Fire Queen's son right and Viviana is her daughter right?" He nodded.

"You're the Ice Queen's daughter I presume?"

Lydia nodded.

"I am... I am Queen Sophia's daughter..."

Kaleb gasped but Lydia and Aiden didn't know who my mom was.

Kaleb said instead, "Queen Sophia? The Queen of the Dead's daughter!?"

"Queen of the Dead?"

"In your world some people believe in Heaven and Hell and all that... in our world there is a place where all people go, good or bad... and it is ruled by Queen Sophia, best friends with my mom... that's why you became friends with the monster... monsters just love you! Because your mom created them!"

A/N: Hi! Don't forget to vote! Hope you enjoyed it! I'll post more tomorrow! :D