Chapter 5: The Light Stealer

Kaleb's POV:

"You just had to act weird didn't you?" Viviana whispered harshly into my ear. "Why couldn't you just act normal and the person Jordan wants you to be!?"

I didn't even bother trying to escape. Viviana's angry grip on me left nail marks and bents in my wrists. My head hurt like crazy and I wobbled in every step.

A few minutes ago I have woken on the floor of the dining room because Viviana threw a bucket of water on my head. Then she had dragged me down to the Dungeon under orders from Jordan.

"I can't believe I have to torture my own brother to get the truth I already know to a girl who has metal arms and a crazy noodle!" Viviana muttered under her breath and I sighed sadly.

Yes I hated Viviana but I felt sorry that she had to be commanded by Jordan. She was kinda crazy. Okay not just kinda. Really crazy.

Viviana pushed me into a metal cell and closed the door behind her. "Sorry Bro." She whispered and I stared at her with empty eyes.

"We both know you're not sorry." I horsely whispered out and Viviana flashed her angry eyes at me.

"You don't really know me do you? You just think that I'm a terrible person working for another terrible person. That's not true... at first I thought Jordan was a good person with a good heart... but I quickly learned that that was not true but it was too late. And now I can't leave because I have dedicated my life to her... and I regret everything about it."

I raised my eyebrow at her still not believing her and she scoffed at me. "Like you didn't do anything wrong in your life that you regret but you had no choice?!"

I thought about that for a second then shrugged. "Eh."

Viviana growled at me softly. "This is the 4th day in the row that you're down here! But your head is so thin that you keep losing your memory! Wimp."

"Wait wait. 4th day? How long have I been here?"

Viviana shrugged. "A week maybe more or less?"

"A week?! What happened to Lydia!? Or Aiden?!" She shrugged and I wanted to strangle her but I didn't. She knew things and acted like she wanted to help sorta.

"Okay. Lift your arms up." She said boredly. I lifted my arms and I saw huge giant chains coming down from the ceiling. She grabbed them and was about to put them around my wrists when a thought passed through my head.

"Nope. Not helping."

I swiftly kicked her in the leg and she crumbled to the ground. "Ow!"

I was about to rush out of the room when Viviana grabbed my leg. "Wait! Please! If you run away I'll get beaten or worse! I might be killed! Please! I'm your own sister! If you leave Jordan will slaughter me!"

I thought about it as tears ran down her face but I saw through her mask. Those tears were fake and she really just wanted to torture me. Yes the Jordan killing her part might be true but who cares? I kicked her in the face and she screamed at me and cursed and yelled for help but I was long gone before the guards came.

Lydia's POV:

The rest of the day people were constantly talking to me and blah blah this and blah blah that but I barely heard anything because all I could think was Kaleb.

Was he really in love with Jordan? Was it all a joke? Maybe he remembered by now. It's been a week. Maybe he'll come back to me...

"Queen?" I heard someone say and I looked up finally. "Your Highness, why are you crying?"