16

I woke up and stretched, feeling completely refreshed. Finally, a good night's sleep and it made all the difference. The worries and troubles disappeared, replaced by renewed energy and peace. I took a deep breath feeling the air spill out of my lungs. The silk sheets were so comfortable against my skin that I didn't want to get up. But I did want to see Cane. I hopped out of bed with a smile and quickly prepared for the day. A new pair of jeans and a shirt lay on the edge of the bed. I changed into the outfit.

As I made my way downstairs, the delicious smell of breakfast filled the air, making my stomach rumble in anticipation. Walking into the dining area, I saw Cane sitting at the table, deep in conversation with Ashton and a few others from last night's dinner. The room was alive with laughter and chatter, creating a warm and friendly atmosphere.

"Hey, good morning!" Cane greeted me with a wide grin. He got up from his chair and walked over to me, giving me a hug. "Did you sleep well?"

I returned his smile and nodded. "Yes, thank you."

"I'm sorry I didn't wake you; you were sleeping so well; I didn't want to disturb you." He said sweetly. He gestured toward the table. "please enjoy."My heart swelled with gratitude as I took in the spread before me. The table was covered in mouthwatering dishes, from fluffy pancakes and crispy bacon to fresh fruits and pastries. "It looks amazing." "Good morning." I greeted everyone as I sat down next to Cane. I noticed Ashton sitting nearby, mischief dancing in his eyes. He gave me a playful wink, acknowledging my presence. The others at the table greeted me warmly, their smiles genuine and inviting.

My stomach rumbled in anticipation as I reached for the plate piled high with fluffy pancakes and crispy bacon. The aroma of freshly cooked breakfast filled the air, making my mouth water.With each bite, the pancakes' sweetness mingled with the bacon's savory goodness, creating a perfect harmony of flavors. The pancakes were light and airy, perfectly cooked to a golden brown. They practically melted in my mouth, leaving a delightful sweetness behind.

"Excuse me. Someone's here to see Bianca," a male voice interrupted, catching my attention. I turned to see a man standing there, someone I hadn't seen before, but the woman beside him was familiar. 

Surprise and disbelief washed over me as I exclaimed, "Emiline?" I couldn't believe my eyes as I watched her running towards me. We embraced tightly, a mixture of emotions flooding through us. "Oh my gods, you're really here, and you're okay!" she exclaimed excitedly.

"Emiline, how the hell are you here?" I exclaimed, my happiness evident as I hugged my older sister tightly. The familiar scent of Yasmin and citrus filled my senses, instantly calming me and bringing back memories of home. It had been so long since I last saw her. She had been away in England for school before I was banished from my pack.

 At that moment, I completely forgot about everyone else around us; I forgot about eating, and my attention was on my sister. But around us, all eyes were on our reunion. I could feel a piercing gaze fixed upon us as if someone was intensely observing our every move. "Cane, can I please use your office? I need to talk to my sister," I requested, not waiting for a response as he simply nodded. Taking Emiline by the hand, I said, "Follow me."

We entered his office, anticipation buzzing in the air. I took a seat on the couch, facing her. Her once luscious brown curls now appeared frizzy, as if mirroring the chaotic state of the situtation. In her brown eyes, myriad emotions danced, blending together into an indistinguishable blend of hope, worry, and uncertainty.