6

I lay in the darkness for hours with my eyes wide open, rocking myself, haunted by the struggling final breaths of the she-wolf across from me. Every whimper of pain and every cry for death until she finally began to choke on what I presume was her body fluids. The sounds replayed in my head, making my skin crawl.

Tears wouldn't stop flowing from my eyes. I was trapped, awaiting my sickening fate. I was in excruciating pain. My body felt like it would give out at any moment. I knew I wouldn't endure whatever cruel torture was planned for me.

My thoughts lay with my poor parents, whose last image of me would be my disheveled figure being banned from the pack. I would never even get to say goodbye to them or my baby brothers. I wished more than anything to be home right now with my family.

The door flew open. There stood a slender dark-haired man. He staggered towards me, his eyes filled with delight."You're the new pretty she-wolf for my collection." His long bony fingers reached forward to grab a fistful of my hair, almost ripping it from my roots. "I was waiting so long for you to wake up. I nearly got bored playing with the others." His cold eyes looked me up and down, "I'm going to have so much fun with you." His rancid breath made me sick."Now I have another pretty she-wolf all for me to play with." He yanked my hair roughly. I could feel his nose against my scalp as he inhaled my scent. "And a sexy little blonde at that." I let out a loud snarl. He threw me roughly, sending me tumbling to the ground. The shackles pulled at my ankles painfully."You will learn to respect me, you little whore!" His heavy fast came down hard into my face. The sound of his palm hitting my face echoed off the walls. I fell to the ground, clutching the same cheek I had burned against the silver.

He grabbed the back of my neck so tightly I couldn't breathe. Then, he walked steadily towards the door, dragging me like a dog. His cold hands wrapped so tightly around my throat I began to see black spots in my vision from the lack of air.

I began clawing at his hands, trying desperately to get him off me. "You're going to learn to be a good little puppy." He threw my body forward violently, and I rolled like a bowling ball. My head was spinning. I landed on my back, tears falling from my eyes from the pain I felt all over my body as my scratched skin scraped against the gravel floor.

I could hear him stomping about like a child. Once my head finally stopped spinning, I could see where I was. It was a small room filled with torture devices, right out of the middle ages. Claw marks and blood covered the walls. It smells like dead bodies and feces. I could see wolves and human heads hung up like trophies. I saw a mannequin head on a long wooden table. My Stomach began to twist into knots. Nailed onto the dummy's head was a human face. I gasped in horror.

I heard his evil laugh so close to my ear that it sent me a tooth-shattering chill. I felt something wrap around my neck and let out a scream in pain. It was a metal collar laced with silver along the inside. The smell of my flesh sizzling filled my senses. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks as I fell to the ground.

"You want it off, bitch? You're going to have to beg." His thin lips curled into a sadistic smirk.

"I'd rather burn my entire neck before begging you." I spit, only earning a heavy slap to the face. I felt a familiar clawing at me from the inside. Finally, my wolf began howling and growling. She ignored any feelings of pain from the silver. I put my hands on the collar, ignoring the scalding heat onto my bear palms, and tried to free myself.

The man stalked over to me, seemingly laughing at my desperate attempt to free myself. "Oh, look at this poor little pup's hand is hurt."He pulled my aching wrist towards him eagerly. The blistering heat around my neck distracted the pain from my wrist, but it still ached. My cries of pain seemed only to amuse him more. He wrapped a tight fist around my wrist, and all I heard next was the loud sound of my unhealed bones shattering. Black spots filled my vision around me. An uncontrollable scream left my voice echoing through the slummy room. Tears poured from my eyes, dripping onto the collar. My vision blurred, corrupted by black spots. I was going to pass out, and I was unsure I would wake up.