3

I shakily ran up the stairs of the pack house towards my room. My body was trembling. I threw myself into my room, slammed and locked the door shut behind me, and finally allowed myself to collapse onto the floor, hiding my face in my palms, confused and embarrassed.

I couldn't feel much of the heartache anymore; I felt a feeling of overwhelming despair surrounding me.

This feeling was our partially broken bond because I had not yet accepted his rejection, so the bond lingered like a rope hanging on by a thread.

My wolf had seemingly calmed down because I could no longer hear her shrieks of pain.

"Bianca, sweetheart?" I heard my dad's voice from the other side of the door.

"It's just me, just dad." He accounted, "are you okay?" I reached my arm up and unlocked the door, realizing I had unlocked the door because my body slid forward on the floor as he pushed open the door.

He sat down next to me on the floor, he opened his mouth to start talking, but I interrupted.

"Dad, the sparks were too faint," I explained.

"He kissed me when we were in the kitchen earlier. That's why I was late," I recounted, "it didn't feel like how everyone says."

I pulled my legs towards my chest, buried my head between my knees, and mumbled.

"It's not normal for a werewolf to not feel sad when they're, rejected, but the only reason I felt anything was because of April." I looked at my father; his eyes flooded with confusion.

"She is the one hurting," I explained.

"I'm not," I lied.

In reality, I was hurting.

There was a deep ache in my chest like it had been clawed out.

My wolf's crying made my head hurt like I had been underwater for too long that my ears were starting to buzz.

"I'm more embarrassed than anything." I lied once more.

He let a forced chuckle and pulled me into a hug.

His laugh was fake, I knew it was from the moment he let it out, and he was worried but wanted to comfort me.

"It's going to be alright, I promise." He reassured me.

"Everything happens for a reason."

There was a loud crash downstairs.

My father and I both exchanged concerned looks.

"I need to see what's going on downstairs." His eyes were wide with worry, and I knew why; I knew what was going through his head, first thought was my mom, his mate.

A woman's scream followed another loud crash. Without another word, my father ran out of the room I followed right behind.

The house was in complete disarray; Broken glass and pieces of furniture were everywhere.

Before I could ask any questions, I was pulled into a warm embrace. Vanilla and jasmine

My mom's eyes were glossy with tears as she peppered kisses onto my face, holding me tightly in her embrace. "You are okay, you are okay." she sang as she brushed my hair with her hand as she used to when I was a child.

"Carson and Philip?" I asked concerned

"They went back to our house. Everyone was ordered to return to their homes." I nodded

"I'll have my hand full explaining this to them later." I joked

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Rick screamed.