15

Previously **

For years, I had waited for the moment I'd have my mate by my side. While I wish the circumstances that had brought us together had been different, I was nonetheless grateful. So grateful to have her by my side, and I knew I could protect her, and no one would ever lay a hand on her again.

"I'm going return to my office to wash up. There's a bathroom in my office. I'll come to get you when dinner is ready." Cane told Bianca as he helped her off the bathroom counter. His eyes wandered around the room as he attempted to shake away the impure thoughts his wolf screamed in his head.

"No, please, this is your bedroom, your bathroom." A slight rumble came from the belly of the young she-wolf. "I'll just be outside." Bianca squeaked out, noticeably embarrassed. "Thank you again." With a flush creeping up her cheeks, Bianca made her way towards the bedroom door, shifting her weight from foot to foot, her eyes fixed on the ground beneath her. Her shoulders were hunched slightly; her arms hugged against her sides. April, her wolf, was confused about why her blonde counterpart was awkward and shy around their mate when she had never been timid. Then again, she understood Cane was intimidating, and everything happened quickly. It must be overwhelming.

Quickly leaving the bathroom and closing the large door behind her, Bianca sat perched upon the edge of a bed.

Why do I feel so weird around him? Bianca asked herself as she fell back into the large bed.

He's our mate; it's natural to become submissive.

I'm not acting submissive I'm acting like a nervous weirdo.

Back in the bathroom sanctuary, Cane stood beneath a cascade of warm water. The steam enveloped the space, veiling his muscular frame in a misty embrace. The water droplets cascaded down his chiseled figure, glistening as they traced the contours of his broad shoulders, muscular chest, and rippling abdominal muscles.

As the water coursed over his body, the rhythmic pattern mingled with the rhythmic pulse of his throbbing headache, forming a dissonant symphony within his mind. 

His wolf was listing the gruesome ways they would deal with the men who had caused harm to his mate. 'Beheading, waterboarding, no, let's rip them apart limb from limp.'

His brow furrowed, revealing the strain etched upon his handsome face. Sweat mingled with the water droplets, trickling down his forehead and cascading along his chiseled jawline.

'Lucca, please, shut up. You're not helping,' He growled back at his wolf.

With a wearied sigh, he tilted his head back, allowing the water to run down his face. The rivulets ran over his brow and cheeks. The soothing touch of the water mingled Bianca's scent that spread throughout the shower and the various soaps and washes, providing him relief. He lathered his body with the same soaps Bianca had used. The thick white bubbles fell down the naked valleys of muscles and down the drain as the water once more washed over Cane.

As he reached for the towel, the water droplets clung to his body, glistening like diamonds against his rich dark skin. He wrapped the soft fabric around his waist, securing it firmly, and stepped out of the shower, the steam dissipating into the air.

In that quiet moment, he stood tall, glancing at his blurred image in the foggy mirror. The memory of the soothing shower lingered, offering a brief interlude of tranquility in his journey. He couldn't just slaughter them quickly and easily. No, they had to pay.

They will regret the fucking day they breathed the same air as our mate. Lucca's dark voice rang through his mind. The young alpha stepped into his walk-in closet. His eyes skimmed across the neatly arranged rows of shirts, jackets, and trousers. Finally, settling out a pair of dark-washed jeans and a plain black T-shirt.