10

Bianca's POV

"Ego semper posuit oculos in femina pulcherrima es," He spoke passionately in an unfamiliar but beautiful language.

"What does that mean?" I stammered, presumably sounding like an idiot. His plump mauve lips curled into a toothy smile, and he let out a small chuckle.

"You are the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on," he answered, making a rush of warmth creep onto my cheeks. I turned away slowly, looking down at my hands, shyly trying to hide my blushing face. Butterflies fluttered away in my stomach as I squeaked a pathetic "thank you." My face was so burning hot.

Stop being an idiot. He's our mate. My wolf practically scolded me.

Oh, so now you want to be vocal. So I barked back at her.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, concerned.

"I'm alright, my throat hurts a little, but it's getting better," I responded, "Thank you." I turned back towards him. Looking into his soft eyes, I felt as though I would melt under his gaze. He slowly put his right hand, much larger than mine, out towards me, his fingers spread slightly. I placed my left hand in his palm. Sparks exploded throughout my arms and flowed through my body like fireworks. My hand moved upwards, and I could feel the raised veins on his forearm.

"Cane," I repeated his name. It flowed from my lips so naturally.

He cupped my face gently with his other hand. His eyes were darker now, glossed with desire.

"Alpha Cane." This time the words spilled from my lips uncontrollably, like an instinct. A deep growl came from Cane, his chest rumbling, eyes locked onto mine.

"Your Cane." He corrected me; his voice was low and deep. I watched his lips mouth the words, and his eyes flickered as dark as coals.

His words sent goosebumps throughout my entire body. His shoulders moved faster as his breaths became shallow. My wolf was howling and begging for our mate. She wanted nothing more than for our mate to claim us at that very moment.

You need to calm down. It was my turn to scold her, but in complete honesty, I was telling myself to calm down too.

I reluctantly pulled my hand away from him, turning my focus away. I looked down at my free hands and saw my right hand and neck wrapped in fresh bandages. I began moving my wrist around slowly. I winced, hearing a small pop from under the thick bandages.

"Don't be too rough," Cane advised. "Try just moving it back and forth like this." He put out his hand and began moving it slowly.

I gave him a slight nod mirroring his movements.

It was uncomfortable, but the pain wasn't as unbearable as before. I was slowly but surely regaining my strength and healing.

I smiled and turned to him. "It doesn't hurt." I giggled childishly, excited to finally move my wrist without pain.

"It's a little uncomfortable, but no pain."

"I'm glad," Cane flashed me another toothy grin; his eyes had returned to their toasted chestnut color.

"I'm going to inform the nurses that you're awake." He told me sweetly.

"Okay," I whispered. I watched as Cane left the infirmary room. As he walked away, I realized how tall he was, barely missing the door head by a few inches.

My wolf whined at the absence of her mate. 'Relax. Cane is going to be right back.'

She whined, 'I want, mate.'