Chapter 12: All POVs

Start from the beginning

"I'm so sorry Your Majesty for bringing that up. I will leave now." He bowed slightly then awkwardly rushed out of the room.

"Serves him right!" I growled and plopped down on the bed. Kaleb and those two brats were trapped down in the dungeon until I felt like I wanted to get them out... unless they started walking around and found the door to the catacombs... no they couldn't find that. I always locked the room and if they do they'll never make it out. The monsters in it will eat them alive before they got out.

I smiled smugly and stared up at the ceiling. "You're not leaving this place alive Kaleb. I don't care about the Queen's armies."

Lydia's POV:

"Try to open it." I whispered and Kaleb stared at me. "Why me?!"

"Because you found it." Aiden said next to me with his arms crossed and I smirked and nodded at Kaleb.

Kaleb sighed and tugged on the giant door handle. It creaked open a little and dust fell on their heads.

"Try harder." I growled and dusted myself off.

"I can't! It's way to heavy!" Kaleb pouted and I sighed. "Aiden... do the honors."

"Yes Ma'am." Aiden saluted me and then easily blasted the door down with one giant energy ball. Kaleb coughed up some dust and glared at us.

"If you wanted me to blast the door down instead of causally opening it then you could have told me." he scoffed.

I shrugged. "We thought you didn't need to be told." and Aiden obediently nodded.

Kaleb's POV:

I glared at mostly Aiden. I don't really know how long he's been here and how long I've been here but Aiden and Lydia have gotten really close. I still remembered when we were the ones who were back to back but now it's instinct for them to do that instead. Does she like him more than me?!

The dust finally cleared and I gasped. The big door lead to an even bigger hallway that twisted and turned. It was dusty and damp and dark. It was humongous!

"Let's check it out guys!" Lydia said excitedly next to me and I raised my eyebrow and she growled at me.

"Whatever. Let's just go. Kaleb make some fire or something."

I held my hand out and a big glow flickered around the dark walls. We stepped in cautiously and then the doors slammed shut behind us.

Aiden's POV:

"Whoa. How did that happen?" Lydia said and spun around to face the closed door behind us.

"Wind?" I said but even I doubted that.

"Let's... just keep going." Kaleb muttered and then started walking down the hall.

It was about 20 minutes later when Kaleb got angry all of a sudden. "Hey Lydia! Why don't you go up there and check if you can see anything?!"

Lydia looked at him nervously but took off into the sky anyway. "Hey man. Chill. She's feeling scared and awful too!" I whispered harshly but Kaleb stormed up to me and glared until I thought he was looking into my soul.

"You don't know her like I do!" He shouted softly so Lydia wouldn't hear us.

"Actually... I know her better than anyone else. You see after you left for about the 3rd time we became very close. I know things about her that no one else knows... not even you. Like how she loves zebras or her favorite color is hot pink or she loves marshmallows and her favorite number is 2!"

"You are a-"

Just then there was a scream and Lydia dropped from the sky. I easily caught her before she was pancaked into the ground and she just laid there wide eyed and panting with the effort of screaming.

"We came here for you Kaleb! And now you're being a douche! And then Lydia got hurt because you wanted to teach me a lesson?! You don't deserve to leave this horrible place with us!" I screamed then stormed away leaving Kaleb glaring holes into my back.

Bryce's POV:

"Sir... Coarlie is getting worse. What should we do?" someone said behind me and I turned to see a servant looking frail and pale at me.

"How bad?"

"Her temperature is 68F... if that explains anything to you."

My eyes widened. The Former Queen had been weak and warm since Lydia left. Her temp was going up quickly and the ice around her was melting and I didn't know what to do.

"Just let me think!"

The servant hurried out and I stared out the window to the forest where Lydia ran into with Aiden. "Please come back quickly!" I whispered and then I turned and walked out of the room to see Coarlie.