Chapter Thirty-One

Justin’s POV

“Thanks again.” I told the man. He nodded his head and walked back to his truck. I grabbed Selena’s present up in my arms, and walked in the house. I heard Selena’s dad announce that I had her present and wanted to know if she was ready. She eagerly said yes.

I walked to the back door and saw Selena’s eyes were covered. Once I was back outside, Mr. Gomez took his hands off Selena’s eyes.

“OH MY GOSH!” Selena squealed. “YOU GOT ME A PUPPY!?”

Selena ran over to me and took the puppy out of my hands. “He’s so cute! It’s a he right?” She asked raising a brow. I chuckled nodding my head. “What’s his name?” She asked in excitement.

“You name him.” I smiled.

“Mhmmm, Baylor!” She smiled kissing the top of the puppy’s head.

“Baylor it is.” I chuckled.

Some of the little kids came running up towards Selena, and she put down Baylor so they could play with him. Baylor took off running and the kids chased him. Luckily their backyard was fenced in.

“How old is he?” Selena asked.

“About 3 months.” I answered.

“What made you get me a puppy?”

“Remember the day we walked in the park, on our ‘date’?” I began. Selena looked at me nodding her head telling me to go on. “I remembered how you were fantasizing about us having our own family, and since we obviously ain’t having kids yet, why not have our own puppy?”

“So Baylor is like our child?” She asked raising a brow.

“Yep.” I smiled. Selena smiled from ear to ear and wrapped her arms around my neck. I wrapped mines around her waist. “That’s the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me.” She whispered in my ear. When we let go of each other I leaned down and kissed her forehead.

“Okay, enough lovey dovey you two, time to cut the cake!” Selena’s mom said smiling.

I took Selena’s hand and we walked over to her cake.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SELENA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!” Everyone sung along.

Selena closed her eyes, made a wish then blew out her candles. Everyone cheered, and her parents began cutting the cake.

******************************************

The party was amazing. Selena had an amazing time. It was a little after 7 and we were now sitting in Selena’s living room. It was: my parents, her parents, Baylor, Selena and I.

Baylor was in Selena’s lap. I had my arm around Selena’s shoulder and her head was leaning against my shoulder.

“So are you excited to move into our new house Justin?” My mom asked.

“Yeah. Sort of.” I said. The truth is I didn’t want to leave Selena.

“I know you don’t want to leave—well because it seems you and Selena have grown very fond of each other—but we’re only 5 minutes away.” My mom smiled.

I gave her a weak smile and looked down at Selena and saw she was falling asleep. “Looks like someone’s tired.” I chuckled. Selena looked up at me and smiled. “C’mon let’s get you to bed.” I said. Baylor hopped off Selena’s lap and I picked up Selena bridal style. Selena wrapped her arms around my neck so she wouldn’t fall.