Chapter Twenty-Two

Selena’s POV

Justin and I turned around as soon I we did I saw a girl with long brown hair and blue eyes in front of us.

“Barbara?” Justin said in a stunned voice.

Barbara? Who the fuck is Barbara. Whoever she is, yes she is pretty—and now I’m getting self-conscious.

Barbara jumped in Justin’s arms wrapping her arms around his neck—and to my surprise Justin hugged her back!

“Justin I missed you so much!” The girl said.

Hold the fuck up. Why is the bitch hugging my boyfriend and why is Justin letting her? I turned around grabbing our ice cream from the lady then turning back to Justin.

I cleared my throat catching Justin’s and Barbara’s attention and Justin finally let go of her. I stood beside Justin’s side, handing him his ice cream and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

“Who’s this?” I asked starring at Barbara.

“Oh, um this is Barbara.” Justin said nervously.

Okay that kind of didn’t answer my question.

“Hi Barbara, I’m Selena, Justin’s girlfriend.” I said emphasizing the word girlfriend.

“Hi Selena, nice to meet you.” Barbara said reaching out her hand to shake mines. I gladly took it giving her a quick handshake.

“So Barbara, what brings you here?” I said smiling.

“Oh I’m here with Jasmine.” She said.

Wait—Jasmine? And on cue Jasmine comes up behind Barbara.

“Hey, looks like you two re-connected.” Jasmine said pointing to Barbara and Justin.

Okay, now I am just so confused. I didn’t even want my ice cream anymore, I felt like if I ate it, it would just come back up.

“I’m going to the bathroom.” I said.

“Are you okay babe?” Justin said with a little bit of worry in his voice.

“I’m fine.” I snapped through gritted teeth. I walked away into the bathroom throwing away my ice cream. I know what a waste.

I went over to the sinks staring at myself through the mirror. Barbara was literally a perfect girl. Her hair was a long nice light brown color, she had an amazing body—that I knew all the girls would die to have and her face was just perfect. As I stared at my reflection I was no where near as perfect as Barbara. I still have baby cheeks—as my mom says—my body isn’t skinny—but also not fat.

The bathrooms door opened causing me to lose my train of thought.

“Hey, why are you in here?” Jasmine said.

“I-I just didn’t feel good.” I said.

Jasmine walked over to me sitting on top of the bathrooms counter.

“So what do you think of Barbara?” Jasmine asked.

“I think she’s pretty.” I said truthfully.

“Yeah, no wonder Justin dated her.” Jasmine said.

Wait—what? Justin told me he never had a girlfriend before.

“You’re lying Jasmine.” I said crossing my arms.

“No I’m not. Why else do you think Justin was happy to see Barbara?” She smirked.