Chapter Twenty-Three

Selena’s POV

Justin and I were on the couch in the living room watching ‘Friends.’ I was sitting straight up with my legs straight out and my feet plopped on the coffee table, and Justin was stretched out with his head in my lap.

“Justin, get up!” I whined. “My legs are falling asleep.” I said.

“Suck it up.” He smiled. I just laughed at his comment.

It’s been over a week since Justin’s run-in with Barbara. Justin has told me that she has been calling and texting him, but he just ignores her every time.  One side of me feels great that he’s ignoring her, but another side of me is saying he should at least talk to her and explain to her why they shouldn’t talk.

“Selena, I’m bored.” Justin whined catching me out of my thoughts.

“Go take a jog then.” I chuckled.

“Make me some food.” He smiled looking up at me.

“How about we make some brownies?” I said. I felt hungry too, but I wanted something sweet.

“Sure.” He said lifting off my legs. I sat up from the couch.

“Great, I can’t feel my legs.” I said rubbing them. “You have a big head.” I teased.

“No I don’t.” Justin argued.

“Oh whatever.” I said rolling my eyes. I reached for Justin’s hand, pulling him off the couch and we walked into the kitchen, and I got everything out that we would need to make the brownies.

As I mixed the brownie mix, I forgot that I didn’t grab a pan to put it in. I walked towards the cabinets until I heard shuffling feet from behind me.

“DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!” I snapped.

“Dang it.” Justin said. I turned around to see Justin standing beside the brownie mix.

“You can have some, ONCE it’s cooked.” I smiled.

“But there is no fun in that!” Justin exclaimed.

“I swear you act like a 5 year old most times.” I said. I turned back around and reached up to grab the pan from the cabinets. Once I succeeded I walked over to Justin placing the pan beside the brownie mix. “Do you wanna pour it?” I asked.

“YES!” He yelled. I swear he is a 5 year old boy.

“I’ll get a spoon.” I said. I turned around to get a spoon, and once I turned back around Justin ran his finger against my cheek. “You didn’t.” I said, sounding shocked.

“Oh, but babe, I believe I just did.” He smirked.  He poured the brownie mix in the pan.

I dipped my right finger in the left over brownie mix that was still in the bowl, and without him noticing me, I also placed my entire left hand in it, then quickly hiding it behind my back.

“Don’t you do it Sel.” He said backing away from me. I kept walking closer to him trapping him against the wall.

“Now what makes you think, I was gonna put this on your face? How do you know I wasn’t going to lick it off my finger?” I smiled up at him. I brought my right finger up and licked it off my finger seductively.  “Mmm, good stuff.” I smiled. I saw let out a breath of relief. “I can’t believe you thought I would just put a little bit of brownie mix on you.” I smiled. That’s when I brought my left hand out from behind my back and rubbed the brownie mix all on Justin’s face. “Now I would put a whole bunch on your face, not just a little.” I laughed. I walked away and placed the pan in the oven.