Chapter Twenty-Four

Selena’s POV

I laid in my bed just laying there staring at my ceiling. It was almost one o’clock in the afternoon and I was still in bed enjoying my rest. I haven’t got much rest since volleyball camp started and even on the weekends I didn’t sleep late because Justin and I were always together.

Well except today.

Justin left a little over a hour ago, saying he was going over River’s house for a while since he hadn’t seen him much in a while.

I heard a soft knock on my door and I lifted up seeing it was Emily.

“Hey Ems.” I smiled sitting up. I saw Emily was dressed. “Going over Maddy’s?” I asked. Emily nodded her head.

“So you happy to be turning 17 in 2 days!” Emily exclaimed. Yep my birthday was Monday and I was so excited, but nervous at the same time because Justin said he had a gift for me.

“Yeah, I’m just nervous though, because Justin is getting me a present.” I said.

“Don’t be.” Emily smirked.

“Wait a minute—do-do you know what Justin is getting me?” I said. Emily didn’t say anything. “EMILY TELL ME!” I said. We heard the door bell ring.

“WELP THAT’S MY RIDE, BYE SEL!” Emily said, quickly getting off my bed. I untangled myself from my sheets chasing after her down the stairs, when I almost had her Jeremy stepped in front of me.

“I’LL GET YOU NEXT TIME EMILY!” I yelled after her, and then rolled my eyes. If it wasn’t for Jeremy, I could have gotten her. Wait—why was Jeremy in the door way anyway.

“What do you want Jeremy?” I said. “You could have just stayed in your car, you know.” I said crossing my arms.

“Oh I know. I just wanted to come tell you I can’t believe you’re letting Justin hang out with other girls.” Jeremy said.

“Yeah I—what?” I said confused.

“Yeah, I thought you would never let Justin hang out with a girl, especially a really cute one at that.” Jeremy added.

“What are you talking about?”

“I saw Justin at a yogurt place about 10 minutes ago with a brown hair chick. I thought it was you but when the girl turned around it ended up being someone else. Barbara I think her name was.”

“You’re lying Jeremy.” I said.

“No I’m not. They were at Snow Island Too on South Carrier Parkway. If you don’t believe me go see it for your self. But you better hurry before they leave. But I doubt that, they seemed to be very, very cozy. You know Justin was laughing at was she was saying, and she was laughing at what he was saying.” Jeremy finished off.

I felt sick to my stomach. Was Justin really out with Barbara? Without saying anything I ran up to my room quickly changing into a decent outfit. Luckily I took a shower last night so I didn’t have to take one this morning. After I quickly got dressed, I brushed my teeth, washed my faced then but my hair in a messy pony tail, grabbing my keys, wallet and cell phone. I walked downstairs seeing Jeremy had already left.

I jogged off to my car and quickly drove off to Snow Island Too. The entire car ride there I was getting butterflies and my stomach was turning. Could Justin really be doing this to me? He didn’t even tell me he was meeting her. He lied to me. I felt a tear run down my face. Maybe I was crying for nothing. I parked in front of the place and hopped out of my car. I walked inside and what I saw broke my heart.