Rambling Author's Note

• Dedicated to Missouri. I miss it :'(

WARNING: This is a long, slightly pointless author's note that is only explaining why I was gone for a while (I was on vacation mostly) and what happened (the funny stuff during vacation). I'm really just a rambler, you don't even need to read this haha. :)

Hey guys, I am so sorry for the very late update. There's been a lot going on (not bad stuff), I thought my summer was going to be super boring, therefore granting me enough time to write as much as I want because ever since I moved I now only have one friend and a boyfriend that I hang out with on a daily basis - but they work sometimes, HOWEVER -- I couldn't be more flipping wrong. I had to do gardening with my school as part of Youth Build (I got paid for it) which was fine because it was only for a few hours a day (it gives us job experience), but it was so freaking hot!! And by the time we were all done, I was so damn tired that all I wanted to do was go home and fall asleep in an ice bath.

You'd think it wouldn't be that bad, because it's just gardening for crying out loud. But you have no idea, unless you've done all of this. Planting, digging, walking back and forth filling buckets with rocks to get them out of the way, watering, filling buckets with mulch, ect. This list just goes on and on, and doing it in 80 - 90 degree weather isn't much fun. Especially since most of my wardrobe is black to just dark colors, and dark colors absorb heat. -.-

I ended up quitting gardening early, but only because I was going to Missouri with Sal and her stepmom and dad. It was pretty fun. Hot, but very fun. We went to this really cool lake with a bunch of huge rocks you could sit on, and there was this one part between two rocks where it was super shallow, but there was a strong current. I stuck my arm in there and Sal had to save me haha. Then she decided to stick her arm in to find the bottom, but she never was able to find the bottom because she started flipping out when her arm got sucked in. It was so damn funny. Oh, and I wore these green shorts that apparently are see-through when they're wet. Luckily I had a long enough t-shirt (forgot my swimsuit :\) to cover up the pink polka dots underneath. Okay, no matter how much her stepmom giggles at this - SO not funny.

Okay maybe a little bit...

We also went on a ghost tour at the Missouri State Pen., and everything was just fine, until we had to follow her stepmom and dad up to the cell block thing and walk passed cell 36 (the first cell up there) where a terrible murder happened. I forgot the guys' names, but apparently these guys decided they wanted to kill another guy they had issues with. But lucky for this guy, his cell door was shut and locked. So these guys decided that since they couldn't get to him, they'd go get his buddy. So they went down to cell 36 where the this dude's just chilling in his cell and start stabbing him with these scissors they had that they'd taken apart (I think they took them apart). They got him in the eye and it went through to his brain, he stumbled out of his cell and fell over the railing. And I guess he ended up bleeding to death because they couldn't get him to help in time.

I was so terrified to walk by there, even more so because the guy told us that he had a small tour a different time (don't know how far back) where there was this lady who could see things, and she went out for some fresh air and when she came back in, this guy was standing up there with blood coming out of his eyes. She's definitely a brave lady because she came back in anyway and went up to her husband, who knew something was wrong. But she wouldn't tell him until they got back out. After they were back outside, she told them all about it. If I'd seen that, I would have ran out as fast as possible. Probably would have curled up in a ball on the sidewalk and cried like a baby, as well. Well, maybe not all of that. But who knows haha.

So anyway, the tour was amazing. When we passed cell 36 though, this kid was coming out of it and Sal saw him and gasped, which freaked me out because I thought she saw the dead guy, then I was like "Stop it!" and already on the verge of a panic attack (I have those a lot, being in a "haunted" prison did NOT help). So we rushed by it and then the kid comes out behind me laughing. Not to make fun of us though, I think Sal startled him as well.

He was also very cute haha, I was walking with him a lot during the tour. No reason... heh heh.

I got teased a lot about that afterwards by my so-called "best friend" and her family. Butt heads. -.- haha. But the tour was so fun, and if I ever came back to Missouri I'd probably do it again.

We also went on a tour of Meramac Caverns and had a very attractive tour guide, whom had only been working there 2 weeks so I'm going to assume it was the first time someone asked him to take a picture with the family. See, I made the mistake of telling Sal's stepmom that I thought the guide was extremely cute, and when she went up to talk to him I thought she was telling him! So I started freaking out and hiding behind Sal, and he came over and stood next to us while I think her stepmom took a picture of the three of us and the guide. And the whole time his buddy/co-worker/whatever had a hand over his mouth to cover up his laughing, not that it helped. I know you were laughing at the situation, mister. And I have no doubt you saw me hiding behind my bestie and told this cute tour guide about my obvious crush after we left.

How embarrassing, yet hilarious at the same time. I also got teased about that.

We did a lot of fun things while we were there, and now I want to move to Missouri so much because I had such a blast there. They have such cool antique shops, one of which is a candy shop as well. Which reminds me, I forgot my delicious fudge at Sal's. :( *tear tear* I'm sure it got eaten already hahah.

So with all of that, I didn't get back until the 14th of July, I had an eye doctor's appointment the 15th, and since then I've just been busy with looking for a job, doing chores, and going places with my dad. And by the way, I was completely unaware 1D was doing a concert here on the 18th. I mean, I found out but when I did it was too late to get a ticket. Even if there were still some available, I was broke from shopping for things I needed, not wanted. Well, I wanted the purple hairdye, that doesn't count. Hey, I worked my arse off for that cash, sometimes you gotta reward yourself. With $8 to freely spend on you... That is lame. -.-

Oh and one other unimportant but funny little thing, it was Sal's stepmom's birthday on the fifth, so I got her this birthday card along with some chocolate, and the card said something along the lines of her deserving money for her birthday, and on the inside it said "but security pulled me out of the fountain before I could get a good handful" or something like that, which actually turned out to be a joke because when they were taking Sal's senior pictures like a week or something before I came over (sorry Sal, I don't remember when you said you took them) they took some pictures in front of a fountain, where her stepmom was pretending to yell at me to get out of the fountain and quit stealing the money so Sal would laugh. How ironic. :)

Okay, the part that's slightly more important than the rest of all this rambling, is that I'm currently trying to look for a job (well currently I'm typing an author's note that maybe 1 person will end up reading, but you get my point) so when I'm not doing that, I'll be writing. I think I've already got 2 that are ready for posting, which I will put up when I have access to the computer (I'm writing this on my crappy laptop that refuses to connect to the internet because it needs to be fixed, I'll transfer it over with a flash drive).

----