Promises -4b

Chapter 4B-Promises!

Next morning Nandini walked down the stairs wrapping her hair in a clipper and was a little surprised with the hustle and bustle going around in the house. She saw Manik instructing the servants he was unaware of her presence. First she thought to talk him but then chucking this idea she walked in the kitchen. All the maids were busy in cooking some feast. 

"Good Morning..!"She greeted everyone and all smilingly replied to her. Unsure of the event taking place in the house she scratched the head in confusion. 

"Umm..! Is there anything special going on?"She asked in a little cheerful voice and maid Simran most senior of all turned to her.. 

"Yes Mam..! Today is Manik Baba's father's death anniversary..!"She announced humbly and Nandini's all cheerfulness flew away.. 

"Ohh..! Sorry...! Tou ap sab ya kya kar rahy hain?"She asked again a little embarrassed.. 

"Mam..! Every year we all cook this feast and all this food is delivered to the orphanage..!"Simran told Nandini and she mouthed an 'O'... 

"Yes..! Today is the most special day..! As every year today Manik Baba never say no to any of us..! If we will ask for his whole property na he will give us..!"The maid youngest of all spoke and Nandini bite her lower lip.. 

"He never says no?"She asked and all nodded..! "Agr main kuch mangoon ge tou mjy bhi mily ga?"She asked in a confused tone and she herself didn't knew what she balabbered while all maids giggled on her stupid question. 

"Mam..! Jab Manik Baba hum servants ko no nahi bolty tou wo ap ko q bolain gay? Ap jaye..! Mangiye..! Kismat wali hain ap k ap ko Manik baba jaisa pati mila..!"Simran spoke patting her cheek and she faked a smile. She knew what she will do! 

--------------------------- 

It was evening and Nandini had to talk Manik before 12 am..! She too wanted something. Manik was passing by the lounge when Nandini called him.. 

"Mr.Malhotra..! Excuse me..! Please..!"She run behind him but Manik didn't stopped and finally she stopped him by holding his hand..! He didn't look at her and looked away. He knew she came to know about today's secret! She too wanted something! 

"What?"He asked softly freeing his hand from her grip.. 

"Wo..! I want your five minutes..! Please..! Ziada time nahi loon ge..!"She spoke sweetly and he closed his eyes.. 

"Abhi am busy..! We will talk later..!"He said in his arrogant tone and walked away. Nandini bit her lower lip and rubbed her palms. She need to talk to him!  

-------------------- 

"Main guard hoon tera? Nandini ko na any doon..! Pagal hai tu..! Q nahi milna chahta us say tu?"Cabir asked angrily and Manik nervously sat on the couch. Both were in his study room.. 

"Tu..! Tu smjhta nahi hai..! Wo baat karna chahti hai mj say..!"He tried to explain his point.. 

"Tou? She is your wife yaar..!"Cabir was unable to understand Manik's behavior.. 

"Yaar..! What if? She ask for something which I can't give her..!"Manik was hell horrified.. 

"Manik..! Yaar..!"Cabir was about to speak when Manik saw Nandini coming towards study from the glass wall.. 

"Please..! Rook usy..!"Manik cribbed like a kid and Cabir dashed out to stop Nandini..! He extended his arms and stopped Nandini's way..! Nandini frowned..