Jealous, my mind said.

Friend jealous, my conscious said. That's what Blaze used to call it.

"So why didn't you pick up my calls or answer any of my texts?" Liam said.

"Um, I was at therapy." I spoke up timidly. They didn't know about therapy. I dared to look at Blaze and saw him widen his eyes but he quickly composed his composure and acted indifferent.

"And?" Sean pressed further.

"And nothing. I've got to try out midnight swimming again." Looking at their confused expressions, I elaborated further, "The first dream was when I almost drowned and she thinks that's what triggered it."

A courses oh "ah"s and "oh"s filled up the room. After a moment of silence Liz inquired, "Did you tell her about the marks?"

I shook my head no and said, "No, not yet. I will. Soon."

"Any pills?" Blaze asked.

"Yeah" I nodded. "Lots of them." I replied.

"Contains sleeping pills?" He pressed on further.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Good. You ned sleep. Lots of it" He said.

"Yeah" I whispered and averted my eyes.

After that everything went by smoothly. Pizzas were ordered and eaten. Drinks were passed. Jokes were shared. We al had fun. Whenever I felt Liz was left out, I tried my best to include her.

After a while, my parents came home and the gang decided to go home. They all bade my mom goodbye and my parents and I were left standing in the house. "I'll go and try out the night swimming." I told mom, and kissed good night to my dad on the cheek. I sprinted up to my room and changed into a black bikini.

I wasn't scared or afraid. No. I thought I was stronger than that. I placed the towel by the chair and played music.

I entered the pool. The water was cold. I took in a deep breath and swimmer around the pool in laps. I was an hour into swimming and nothing happened. I felt relieved. At peace. The song that was playing was cut out.

"My name's 'Blurryface' and I care what you think.

Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol' days,

When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out.

Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol' days,

When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out."

After a second I realised it was my ringtone and I swam to the edge. I got out of the pool successfully without tripping or falling back into it and answered the call. It was Liam.

"Hey Al. Its my mom. She's in the hospital." He sounded so broken and it hurt my heart.

Instead of me asking what happened, I told him, "I'll be there in a few. What hospital?" I was shocked. His mother was a very strong lady.

"St. Anthony's." He mumbled.

"Okay Li. Hang on. I'll be there in a few." I said.

Just as I was about to hang up he said, "Alaska, please call up the gang on your way?" He said with no energy.

"I will. Take care. I'll be there soon." I hung up.

I got out of the pool and ran to my room. I called up Noah on my way up and he picked up on the first ring. "It's Liam's mom. He need to go to the hospital." I said in a rush.