Stupid, Unstable Paws

Start from the beginning

I'm sorry, I really suck at describing things.

The only thing that stayed in place was my heart, which still kept beating faster by the second. Though I was too distracted to really even feel it. Would you like to know why? My face felt like it was being mushed together. 

I don't even want to describe the pain in my nose right now...

After feeling my face being mushed together, I couldn't feel anything else. I was still breathing, thank god. (No seriously, I thought the devil was torturing me in complete darkness.) I struggle to open my eyes, and I succeeded.

The darkness didn't blind me, so I guess it was good that I changed in the night. At least, I think I changed. I found that my cheek was faced to the dirt... that's what it felt like. Everything seemed pretty blurry. But when everything became clearer, I freaked out.

I crossed my eyes, and I saw my nose... a wolf's nose. It was furry... and wet. Ew... it felt sort of weird. Suddenly I was able to smell... well... everything. Everything became sharper, clearer, and even brighter in the night. 

I changed... I had really changed. 

Indeed, I was laying on my side, and it felt really awkward. As I try to stand up, I find that I definitely cannot keep balance. It was like I had to left feet!

Oh... wait... I do. 

Huh.

Anyways, I kind of wobble on my stupid, unstable paws. And... I'm telling you this now, I bumped into a tree trying to balance myself. That was when I heard a small giggle near.

Scarlet was right in front of me, leaning against a tree. I, on the other hand, was plopped down back on the ground, dazed. Next to her were my clothes, folded neatly next to her shoes. And then another thought hit me... Did she unclothe me?

Yes, I did. Her voice said in my mind. Nothing interesting though, since you've already seen me naked.

My eyes widened, and I see a smirk on her pretty lips. You're enjoying this, aren't you? I asked her.

A little bit, yes. At first I felt a little sorry for you, but this is just too funny. Scarlet said, and laughed out loud. Try to get on all fours, and move around without picking up your paws. When you think you can balance, try walking.

I did as she said, and it helped... a lot. It was a lot better than crashing your body into a tree. Soon enough, I was jumping around, and even tried to stand on my two back legs. I succeed like a pro.

For once, I actually felt free. 

I heard a noise, like a branch breaking, and I noticed that Scarlet was no longer in my sight. I searched for the noise maker, but I didn't really need to. From the tree she stood in front of, a red wolf emerged from behind. Her grey eyes glittered and sadly, I didn't know if I could smile as a wolf, but I tried anyways. 

Scarlet walked to me, and then tilted her head to a side.

Out of nowhere, she licks my nose.

It seemed really disgusting at first, but it was soothing feeling when I did it back. Soon we were kissing (wolf kissing), licking each other to be exact. I had to admit, it was kind of better than French kissing. After we broke apart, her eyes squinted, indicating she was smiling. 

And then she said something that gave me an adrenaline rush.

Let's have a run, shall we?

It was the best run of my life.

Scarlet's POV

When Nathan changed back, the first thing he said was "I feel like jelly." Yeah, if you wanted to know what changing back feels like, it feels like you're being stretched. A whole lot. 

There were golden rings around the pupils of his eyes, and that would only last a while. It only takes a few changes for those to go away. But still, those eyes looked beautiful on him.

And I couldn't help but love him more for doing this for me.

Nathan's POV

We changed back, but it was kind of awkward since we saw each other... uh... naked. Scarlet quickly grabbed her clothes and went behind a tree to change, while I kind of just stood there, feeling like jelly. I guess she was shy to change in front of me.

And sadly, I kind of was too.

After we changed into our clothes, the first thing I said was...

"I feel like jelly."

"Well, it'll be better after a walk home," she said, tying her shoes.

"But I'm tired," I whined, and she looked up at me, rolling her eyes.

We did walk home, well, it wasn't really home now. It was just a place to... be who you're not.

Scarlet was giving me a How to Be a Werewolf 101 lecture on the way and I was feeling really, really excited. But soon we reached the house, and Mr. Perez's eyes widened at the sight of me even standing, much less walking. 

He opened the glass door, looking at me. I knew that my eyes were golden now, and I desperately wanted to see them. But, business first. 

"Mr. Perez," I said in a serious tone.

"Nathan," he whispered, still not believing.

"We need to talk."

A/N: Holy shit guys I'm up in the twenties for Werewolf and thirties for Humor. You guys are beyond awesome. I decided to upload early, well, not really, I was bored and you guys were telling me to update and stuff. Just saying this now, THERE ARE STILL MORE CHAPTERS. THE STORY ISN'T OVER YET.

You guys need to press the vote button more!!! All support helps. (I really want to get to #1 or at least top ten for this story... PLEASE) Comment too guys! I would really love to know what you guys think!

Okay, now I have a question for you all. I don't think I'll do a sequel for this story, but maybe you guys can push me to it. Do you guys WANT a sequel? And if you do, what would you want to be about? Or would you guys be better off with just an epilogue?

Thank you for reading! ~Li