Sleepover Part 2

16: Sleepover (Part 2) 

Scarlet's POV

His eyes glittered in the dark bedroom, the mischievousness making my heart thump harder than before. Undress him? All I wanted to do was make him change! Nathan looked at me, a small but noticeable smirk played on his lips. How can someone joke when they had just been in the bathroom throwing up their guts under an hour ago?

He knew what I was feeling right now, he could tell. He didn't need to hear my thoughts to see how I felt about what he said. But even if he does know, I'm not budging.

Game on, Adams.

I copied the smirk he had on his lips, and grabbed the hem of his shirt. He was surprised for second, no doubt, but I could tell there were questions rushing through his head.

Is she really going to do this?
Is this a test?
How should I play this?

I wanted to laugh, I really did. Those questions went around like a merry-go-round in his head, but I think he forgot that I could hear his thoughts. But I am testing him. Not only him but myself. How far will I go with this?

When I finally agreed to myself that it was useless to think about it, I went on with my plan and slowly raised his shirt. There was nothing that I haven't seen. Nathan, being the weak boy he was, surprisingly had a six-pack. I mean, I wasn't really surprised, but I couldn't help but think about how weak he was when we arm wrestled.

I wonder if he's stronger than me now...

Slowly I raised the shirt higher, and higher... I pulled his arms out and in no time he was shirtless. I playfully touched his torso lightly as I got the wet cloth from the sheets, and he was burning under my touch. I wiped his chest and he hisses as the coldness made contact with his skin.

The cloth was warm after a few seconds since Nathan was so warm. Everything was normal really, nothing weird now. In fact, I felt really comfortable doing this. But then, I saw these marks on Nathan's skin, right above the heart. The scars were a bit lighter than his normal skin tone, and they were a little dented, if you get what I mean.

I ran my fingers over the four scars, trying to figure out what it was. Soon it dawned on me that I should know these marks. The scars were claw marks--wolf claw marks.

My heart really stopped.

Nathan's POV

Scarlet was frowning.

Her eyes were staring intently at an area of my chest, and it made me wonder what she was looking at. Those eyes moved up to mine, and I could tell there was water in her eyes. What was she thinking about now?

Scarlet's tiny hand lets go of the cold cloth she had held and used that hand to touch the mid-left of my chest. I should've known she was looking at the scars.

"What happened?" she asks in a whisper. "Did... did my dad do this, Nathan?"

I shook my head and held her hands in mine. "He jumped on me pretty hard, yes. I couldn't believe he got through my thick coat... but anyways, it's fine, Scarlet. Stop crying. That was a long time ago," I said, wiping away her little trail of tears.

"I know, Nathan. I know it was a long time ago. But I can't help... I can't help but think about the pain at such a young age. At seven, you should be able to live carefree, live like an actual kid. But you, you lived like everything around you was hazardous, poison, evil. You can't trust anyone, because you think they'll leave. You can't be around grey-eyed people because you think they'll hurt you. They remind you of all the things that happened after you were attacked. It isn't fair for you, Nathan..." she cried.