Chapter Thirty-Three

FWWLovers!

How are you, folks? I hope you're having a good day:)

Thank you for FINALLY getting me to 5000 votes! it's been my goal ever since I joined Wattpad! here's hoping my next book earns the same amount of support! I honestly can't thank you enough! This book has been such a journey for me, and to have you there with me made it all the better!

Dedication is to D_Amer. This one's for you;)

No more chit-chat, here's the new UNEDITED chapter!

From Wattpad With Love

Chapter Thirty-Three

I stood there, silently looking at his face. It hadn't changed a bit. Aside from natural aging, he was exactly the same; the messy, pitch black hair, the grayed side-burns, the newly-shaved face. But the eyes, they were mine, and mine were his. They stared at me with all their chestnut brilliance.

"W-What d-did you just say?" I heard Rebecca say, but I didn't care. All I could do was stare at him. I was standing in front of my father, whom I hadn't seen in over a decade. He was absent my entire life, yet there he was, standing before me, when I least expected him.

"James! Son," he said, taking a step closer to hug me, but I backed away abruptly, still staring at him. For the first time in my life, I couldn't even hear myself breathe.

"Son, it's me; your father."

That last word hit a nerve. After all these years of abandonment, after all these years of making me wonder about him, not sending letters, birthday cards, emails, anything, he still called himself a father?

"I have no father. Come on, Rebecca," I said, grabbing her hand and pulling her away.

I walked past him without even giving him a second look. I could hear Rebecca having the panic-attack I was supposed to have. She was mumbling things like, "how? What?" And "Am I dreaming". I didn't let go off her hand until we were far enough, which is when she started resisting and pulling back.

"Stop!" she yelled. "Stop! James! Are you seriously going to ignore this?"

"There's nothing to ignore," I said bluntly.

"Just your father, James!"

"I have no father," I said, walking away. I couldn't exactly leave without making sure she was safe; an OCD-like characteristic I always hated about myself.

"Well, come on!" I demanded.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me the truth. Was that, or was that not your father, James Cavern?" she asked, crossing her arms.

I couldn't speak. Between my dad showing up all of a sudden, and my lie about him to Rebecca, I was completely lost. I didn't know what to tell her, so I just kept silent; I was at a loss for words.

"I have no father," I repeated, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"James..."

"REBECCA!" I shouted, my voice echoing in the night. She took a step back, looking scared. It was the first time I'd ever shouted at her. Breathing heavily and furiously, I left her there and went up to my room. Along the way I met Jessy and Grace, who'd come down, wondering where we were, but I didn't even reply. I went straight to my room, changed, and went to bed, wishing this trip had never happened, wishing that if I just closed my eyes, all would be well, all would be right.

I stayed in bed for over an hour after I woke up the next day, just staring at the rays of the sun penetrate the windows and light up the room. I didn't even move around. I just lay there, motionless.