But Kylie and my Dad only continued until the song was finished and in the middle of everything, I heard Grayson and Nick join in too. They settled the cake on the small glass table in the middle of the room.

I had to hold Lucky back from pouncing onto the cake and splattering it everywhere.

I started laughing as Kylie handed me a massive card. I couldn't wait to read the annual, ridiculous message that Kylie scribbled onto a piece of card for me.

"Thank you so much guys!" I spoke.

"Well, you're in for a surprise if you think that's all." Nick mumbled.

"Huh?" I giggled.

"What?" he replied, acting clueless.

"Who wants cake?!" Skyler screamed suddenly, giving me a knife and handing out paper plates with napkins.

+++

Glancing at myself in the mirror, I breathed deeply. I straightened out the silver dress and turned around, checking that the straps weren't folded in on each other.

"You think it looks nice, Lucky?" I asked Lucky. He responded with a high pitched bark, and then climbed onto my bed.

I didn't even know how he was already used to his name, I hadn't even been with him for a day.

"I'm ready. This dinner better be fancy." I laughed, to myself, and ushered Lucky out of my bedroom.

I followed him to the living room and he jumped onto Skyler and Dad.

"Okay, you guys going to be alright here?" I chuckled and slung on my thin coat.

"Yep! Just go, quick!" Skyler yelled excitedly.

"Have a nice time, honey," Dad hugged me, "Don't get too drunk."

"Dad! It's just a dinner!" I grabbed my purse and phone, then head out the door, waving them goodbye.

I checked my phone and saw a text from Kylie pop up as I went down the elevator of the flat and walked in the direction of the exit.

K: Sorry, couldn't make it, but Nick's waiting for you at the place. I put the location on your gps k?

M: Ugh okay thanks I'll see you soon

I switched off my phone and approached my car, got in and started it. As soon as I started driving, the gps system turned on and gave me the directions.

I soon pulled up into the parking lot of what seemed like an abandoned house. Well, it looked like it.

It wasn't very deserted; it was surrounded by a few other houses, strangely, but I still felt suspicious.

I decided to call Nick to see if I was in the right place.

Great. He didn't pick up!

But being the curious-ass self that I was, I crept up around to the front of the house. It only had one floor but you couldn't make out anything from the windows, as it was so dark inside, and outside.