Chapter 30

*Jess' POV*
"Is there a reason you brought me here?" I asked as we sat down at the table.
"You were right" she said looking down at her coffee, "Danni's father had me under his control for so long and I was so afraid that I couldn't even take care of my own daughter!" Her voice raised and I thanked God no one was in there besides the barista and few others.
"But I love my daughter Jess, I need you to know that even though she may never know" she said.
"Well once she gets better you really need to step up and try to be a better mom" I replied.
She didn't say anything, she just stared at her coffee.
Once she looked up her eyes were full of tears, "she may never get better Jess"
My throat closed up, "w-what?"

We started to head up to go see Danni, her mom told me that Danni had be on life support because she fractured her skull and that we were going to have to take her off.
When we got up to her room I caught a glimpse of her and fell to my knees.
"JESS!" Andrea said running up to me and picking me up.
"What did you do to her?" Andrea asked Danni's mom.
"I told her the truth of what you did to my daughter" she said grabbing Danni's hand.
Andreas eyes filled with tears, "w-what is she talking about Jess?"
I tried to speak but nothing came out except for more tears.
"Andrea" Danni's mom said, "she's being kept alive by a machine"
Andrea didn't say anything, she just stood there.
"It's all my fault" Andrea said walking over to Danni's bed.
"Yes it is" then she put her arm around Andrea, "but you didn't mean to, I know that. You always tried to do what was best for Danni."
Andrea stood there for a moment before she broke down and started crying in Danni's moms arms.