Chapter 24

*Jess's POV*
Taylor went back to the table but I decided to scope out the snack table.
When I got over there, there was a little blonde boy looking at a bowl.
He looked at me, "Do you have any clue what this is?"
I stared at it for a moment, "honestly, I have no clue"
He let out a little laugh, "I'm Gabe, and you are?"
"My friends call me Jess" when I said that he just stared at me for a moment.
I looked around for a moment, "Is there something on my face?"
"No, your name is just familiar" he replied, "what's your last name?"
"Myer"
He smiled then, "Are you shitting me?" he stepped back then, "you're Harry's little sister?"
"Sadly yes" I said with a smile.
Then a tall guy walked up behind him and put his arm on his shoulder, Gabe looked up at him then back at me, "well it was nice meeting you Jess"
I replied as they were walking away, "nice meeting you too"
I grabbed a cupcake then headed back over to the table.
Taylor and Noah were gone so it was just me and Justin.
After I finished my cupcake he leaned in and felt my heart start racing, then he took his thumb and wiped the side of my mouth, "you had some icing" he replied with a smile.
"Oh thanks" I said looking up at him then he kissed me.
I fell over in the chair.
"Oh my god" he said jumping down helping me up, "are you okay?" He asked.
"I'm fine" I replied dusting myself off. When I turned around I saw Gabe walking by and pulled him over that way Justin and I wouldn't have to talk.
"Have you met Gabe?" I asked pulling him next to me.
"I'm usually up for a good chat but I really have to go Jess" he said pulling his hand away from my hand.
"What's wrong?" I said stepping in his way.
He replied quickly "Harry just texted me and told me that some of my friends were in a wreck"
It felt my heart beat stop, "It wasn't Danni was it?" I asked.
He stared a me for a moment, "yeah, her and Andrea".
I didn't say anything so he just walked right past me.
My throat had a lump in it like I was trying to swallow a rock.
Just stood up and touched my arm "Jess, are you okay? You look really pale." I couldn't think of words my brain felt swarmed but nonexistent at the same time. Then he let out a light chuckle, "Danni isn't like your boyfriend is he?"
I turned and looked at him and before I could think of the correct thing to say, I began to speak, "no actually, I'm gay and she's my girlfriend, so if you could get out of my fucking way" then I shoved him and ran outside.
I called Harry, he picked up
"Hello?" He answered
"Hey, where are you?" I asked.
"At the North Brook hospital, why?" I didn't need anything else so I just hung up. Then typed it into the GPS on my phone.

After two blocks of running and a seven mile ride,I made my way to the hospital. When I got up to the front desk I was reminded that, Danni never told me what Danni was short for.
"Hello, which room is Danni Edwards in?" I asked the secretary.
"All we have under the last name Edwards is, Daniela Edwards" she said looking away from the computer and at me.
"Oh yeah, Daniela, I just didn't know if she told them Daniela or Danni. Which room?"
She looked back at the computer for a moment, "Are you family?"
"No" I replied.
"Sorry, only family is allowed in"
I felt a lump in my throat again, "atleast tell me what room she's in please"
"I can't do th-" I cut her off,
"Listen lady, that's my girlfriend in there and I'm all she's got I don't know where the hell her sister is. I just left my dance and ran here to see her. My parents are going to flip their shit when they find out I'm not at the dance and I'm actually at the hospital to see my girlfriend they were never told about. So if you could do me this one thing and just please tell me what damn room she's in." By the time I was done talking I was crying and her eyes were really wide.
She gulped and then scrolled on the mouse then looked back at me, "364"
I ran to the elevator and once one came down I jumped in it.