Chapter 29

*Jess's POV*
I walked down the hall to see if Danni's mom was at her room.
When I got there I didn't see her so I stuck my head in Danni's room to see if she was awake, she wasn't but I walked in anyone.
Seeing here all plugged up to that machine made me tear up.
"Danni can you hear me?" She didn't move at all, "Danni please wake up, I need you" I felt tears roll down my face.
"Danni please, I haven't got enough time with you! Remember when we went to the zoo?" I tried to smile, "I didn't feel good and so I wasn't at school so you skipped to come get me. The zebra licked your hand, remember?" I looked over at the machine beside her and nothing was changing, just the same pattern on the screen. "Danni please wake up" I grabbed her hand and started squeezing.
"Jess" I heard then jumped.
When I turned around Harry was standing there, "we need to go home, moms getting worried"
"I'm not leaving her" I protested.
Then mom walked around from behind him.
"Jessica you have been here all night, now it's time to go home. I get that girl is your friend and all but it's time to leave"
"No mom you don't get it, because she's more than my friend" then I looked down at Danni's lifeless body, "she's my girlfriend"
She didn't say anything for a minute which worried me so I turned around and she was just standing there, "Jessi-"
"Mom! I'm not leaving"
"Jessica come here right now"
"Mom I'm no-"
"Come here" she said in that with a serious tone so I let go of Danni's hand and walked over to her.
When I got there she through her arms around me and embraced me in a hug.
When we let go I wiped my tears and she just stared at me for a moment before she spoke, "at least come home and clean up" I nodded in agreement and headed towards the elevator with her.
When the doors to the elevator opened, Danni's mom was standing there.
She didn't say anything so neither did I, we just shared a look of disgust.

"WHAT TIME IS IT?" I jumped up out of the recliner hearing my phone hit the floor.
I picked it up and then turned it around to see what time it was, it was ten am.
"DAMMIT" I must have passed out after getting a shower last night, I ran and grabbed my keys then drove to the hospital.
When I got up to Danni's room Andrea was pacing in front of the door.
"Is she awake?" I asked.
"No" she said.
"Have they told you anything?"
She looked at me then started yelling, "NO BECAUSE THAT FUCKING BITCH IS THINKS THAT THE DAUGHTER WHO SHE THREW OUT DOESN'T NEED US TO SEE HER" then she kicked the door.
A nurse walked up and asked Andrea to "be a little quieter" because she's "disturbing patients"
To which Andrea replied by sticking her tongue out and making a fart sound.
"Andrea calm down" I said putting my hand on her shoulder.
"She is my best friend Jess, I don't think you get it!"
I pulled my hand off her shoulder,
"She's the love of my life Andrea!"
Before she could reply Danni's mom walked out, she didn't pay any attention to Andrea but she stared at me.
Her voice was quiet but bold at the same time, "Do you want to have coffee?"