Chapter 25

-Warning: this chapter is what's going through Danni's mind while she is asleep at the hospital and it is kinda sad but it felt a bit necessary because Danni is kinda messed up and has no background story-
*Danni's POV*
"No" she said slipping off her tank top.
"Why not?"
"I just don't like parties, okay?"
I laid back on her bed and sighed, "is it because of that gu-"
"NO DANNI NOW PLEASE DROP IT" she rubbed her hand over her face, "I'm sorry for yelling".
I didn't reply I just sat there, so she walked over and sat down next to me, "Danni I'm sorry for yelling"
I sat up and crawled off her bed, "you know Jess, I think I should really get going"
I put on my jacket and grabbed my bag.
"Danni, I said I'm sorry" she stood and went to follow me.
"I heard you Jess and I don't care"
I jogged down her stairs and she followed me down in her sports bra and leggings because no one else was there, "are you going to the party?" She called out as I got into my car but I didn't reply.
I drove straight to my house and sat down on my bed then everything goes dark.
"Hey" I mumbled.
"What is it now? Is poor Danni gonna start crying again?" I looked over and my mom was standing in front of the kitchen sink in my old house.
"No" I went to reply but then I looked around and I was standing at beside my kitchen table and she was staring beside me. I looked down and it was me sitting in the chair except I was about twelve.
I tried to wake up I began shaking myself because I remembered this.
My dad came in the back door and my mom went and met him at the door my younger self just stayed seated, I tried to scream but nothing came out.
I heard the screaming began I saw my young self begin to shake.
I hoped to disappear But their yelling just got louder.
The made there way into the kitchen still yelling curses and hateful things.
I wished for my younger self to get up and walk away but she continued to stay and I saw a tear stream down her face before she looked up at them, "p-please s-stop"
They ignored her pleads so I started begging for them to stop but nothing worked.
"STOP" she screamed and they looked at her I tried to move to protect her but my feet stayed, I felt a deep pain in my heart as my dad made his way around the table and raised his hand up at me, I closed my eyes.
When I opened them I was in the library at school and Jess was sitting at the table in front of me. I tried to run towards her because she was crying but my body just turned and walked out the door even though she called my name. I tried to go back but I couldn't.
As I made my way out into the hallway my body collapsed and my ears were filled with my name being called.
Jess's sweet and gentle,
My mothers loud and painful,
My fathers that landed in my heart with a boom,
My sisters that called for help,
And my own reeking of self hate.