Chapter 8: Hero?

Dedicated to @Enchanting_Girl! Thanks for being an awesome follower as well as a really nice person! <3

Chapter 8: Hero?

My parents arrived a few hours later, both with expressions of panic on their faces. I was quickly swamped in my mother's hug, who had tears in her eyes. My father immediately started to question me about Peter, wanting to know where he was and if he was locked up. 

Once I had managed to convince them that I was safe, that they shouldn't sue the school (dad's idea) and that i didn't need to switch schools (mom's idea), it was already quite late. 

The next day I insisted going to school, even though my parents tried to convice me to stay at home. I honestly felt fine, and saw no point in not going. 

What I wasn't expecting, were the reporters that pounced on me once I reached school. Apparently our headmaster had given them permission to interview me. My guess was that he wanted the newspapers to focus on me stopping Peter instead of the fact that people almost got shot in this school. 

I didn't really know what the big deal was anyway. Nobody was really shot. Okay, this school was quite prestigious so it was pretty shocking that someone brought a gun. The principle had even requested for some police who were going to patrol our corridors for a while. But now they were trying to keep that fact obscured by highlighting my "heroic effort". Seriously? All I did was clumsily tackle Peter to the ground. I didn't even manage to get his gun! Moreover, I was just doing what any person would do. 

To save time, the reporters all interviewed me in the same time, firing question at me in an empty classroom. We can probably safely say that I was sufficiently confused. 

"How did the incident transpire?" a woman asked. 

"What incident?" I asked in confusion while eying the eager faces before me. I felt like I was eying a pack of hungry wolves. 

"The near shooting..." she trailed off like I was stupid. 

"Oh!" I blushed, feeling like an idiot. Way to go there, Zoe! Soon the headlines will read Idiot threw herself at gun man at school instead."Actually, nothing really happened. I just saw that Peter had a gun, and tried to get it away from him." 

The reporters immediately started scribbling furiously in their pads. "How did you do that?" another man questioned. 

I bit my lips together in embarresment. "Um, I just kind of jumped on him. And I didn't actually manage to get the gun away. Clark did that," I added. 

"Clark?" someone else questioned. 

"Peter managed to get on top of me and was banging my head against the floor when Clark got him off of me and got his gun away. A few more guys helped him push Peter to the gun, and then I blacked out." 

"Were your injuries severe?" 

"No. I had to go to the hospital, but only had a minor concussion. Otherwise I wouldn't be here today," I replied slowly. Were they thick or something? Yes, my body went into a coma. That's why is was sitting here talking to them.

"What went through your mind as you stopped Peter?" another man asked.  

"What do you mean?" I frowned. Is this the part where I dramatically tell them that I saw my life flashing in front of my eyes and omit the part where I realize how lame it was?  

"I mean that most people would probably not have dared trying to stop him, or risk themselves in the way you did. Why did you do it?" he clarified.